Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eye.surgeon

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2007
California
Can't believe it's 2017 and incase still has zero product for the new pros. No doubt sitting in a shipping container sailing from China, but come on, fly out the first shipment so you don't look stupid.

Oesoto

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2016
Medellín, Colombia
Can't believe it's 2017 and incase still has zero product for the new pros. No doubt sitting in a shipping container sailing from China, but come on, fly out the first shipment so you don't look stupid.

Still waiting for their products and still can't understand why it's taken so long to offer them sin ce it's a relatively simple product to make.

dwgwilliams

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2016
Got my first MBPtb today and I was just wondering if a sleeve was enough protection for it? Being a university student, I'll be travelling around with it a lot. I hear that hard cases can trap dust and lead to scratches, plus they ruin the look of the MacBook. I plan on getting an incase sleeve when the new sizes are released hopefully just in time before uni starts up again. Also is a screen protector or keyboard cover necessary? Just trying to properly preserve the beauty for as long as possible. :)

I am in the same boat as you: currently waiting for my MBPtb to arrive in a couple of weeks. I need to give it some sort of protection as it will be carted around my university and at the hospital. I'm thinking maybe some sort of hard case and a sleeve for when I stash it in my bag?

When will there be appropriate accessories ready?

Mobster1983

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2011
Has anybody ordered from DBrand before? If so, how long do they take to ship? I ordered a bottom and top skin in matte black at the start of December but its not shown up yet.

And still no word on properly fitted InCase sleeves yet either which is a shame.

Just purchased a skin for my iPad. They shipped the day after I ordered and it came very quickly. I was very impressed as it was by far the easiest skin to apply and it turned out perfectly. I am horrible at installing skins, but this went well.

One note: I originally ordered from slick wraps, but after several snafus and over 4 weeks without them shipping my order, I told them to cancel and ordered from DBrand. After another week I didn't get a response from Slickwraps, so opened a case through PayPal, again telling them to cancel my order. Three days later they responded to my emails saying they shipped my order. I refused delivery and am still waiting for my refund.

Reactions: ascender

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
Just purchased a skin for my iPad. They shipped the day after I ordered and it came very quickly. I was very impressed as it was by far the easiest skin to apply and it turned out perfectly. I am horrible at installing skins, but this went well.

One note: I originally ordered from slick wraps, but after several snafus and over 4 weeks without them shipping my order, I told them to cancel and ordered from DBrand. After another week I didn't get a response from Slickwraps, so opened a case through PayPal, again telling them to cancel my order. Three days later they responded to my emails saying they shipped my order. I refused delivery and am still waiting for my refund.

Thanks for that. They've come back to say my skins shipped on the 15th December, but I guess with holiday season I should give it another week.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Pretty happy with the i-Blason I put on my 15" as well (which kind of surprised me as I'm not usually a big fan of shells).

The thing is if you are looking for serious drop protection, there are few cases made, and those tend to be ugly. I imagine with SSDs, drops are more forgiving than they used to be?
[doublepost=1483451297][/doublepost]
Is it worth putting a hard case on your MacBook Pro when it's sitting on your desk?

Yes. About 3 Macs ago, I was moving my new Mac laptop, lost control of it, did not quite drop it, but it caught the edge of my desk and I ended up looking at a dent in the case for the next 3 years which a shell case would have prevented.

Last edited:

dalupus

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2011
Does anyone know if the 13" macbook pro with touch will fit into the Harber sleeve if you put an i-Blason shell on it?

jmebbk

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2013
The thing is if you are looking for serious drop protection, there are few cases made, and those tend to be ugly. I imagine with SSDs, drops are more forgiving than they used to be?
[doublepost=1483451297][/doublepost]

Yes. About 3 Macs ago, I was moving my new Mac laptop, lost control of it, did not quit drop it, but it caught the edge of my desk and I ended up looking at a dent in the case for the next 3 years which a shell case would have prevented.
Hmm perhaps I'll invest in one. Some people say hard cases are not good for the Mac

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Hmm perhaps I'll invest in one. Some people say hard cases are not good for the Mac

Well they have slots for venting, and they have little feet that hold the computer up off the surface for ventilation. I've not had an issue with overheating with my last two Mac laptops in shell cases. The mistake some laptop users make is that they sit the laptop on a pillow on their lap, definitely bad for venting.

sarc

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2016
So I have just received the Harber sleeve in Black. I have to say I am really impressed with the quality. It looks amazing.

Attachments

• IMG_5833.JPG
    IMG_5833.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 523

Winne_Pu

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2016
Germany
So I have just received the Harber sleeve in Black. I have to say I am really impressed with the quality. It looks amazing.
Thank you for posting this photo. Would it be possible that you take a few more? That would be great :)

Winne_Pu

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2016
Germany
Thank you very much for the photos. It looks gorgeous. I quite like it. The fitting seems to be perfect as far as i can judge.
One thing that stopped me from ordering this sleeve is the fact that it is open on one side and i am not quite sure if this will be enough protection because i take it to work every day.
Right now I am still using my self made sleeve
Did anyone of you order one of these HarberLondon Cases with a zipper?
https://www.harberlondon.com/collec...ther-folio-laptop-case-s7?variant=31864110028
A problem with the zipper might be, that there is - as far as i can see - no protection in the case to make sure that the MacBook has no contact with the zipper and it might come to scratches.

Last edited:

Rkuda

macrumors regular
May 23, 2016
Has anybody ordered from DBrand before? If so, how long do they take to ship? I ordered a bottom and top skin in matte black at the start of December but its not shown up yet.

I just received mine today. Ordered on 12/19 it shipped on the 21st and arrived 1/4

sarc

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2016
Do you think a macbook with a hardshell case would still slide into it?
I don't think so. It has room on the top and bottom (but just a little) however the sides are nice and snug. So I don't think it would work.
It is a snug fit pushing the laptop in.

vasatrya

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2017
Finally got my i-Blazon hard shell case today for my 15" Space Gray. I was apprehensive because I bought it from Amazon when they first put it on the store and it had zero reviews. Took forever to get here.

I must say, I'm surprised at the quality. It arrived in a very nice box. The case itself is a very nice quality plastic. It's a bit thick, but doesn't feel brittle at all. I've had Speck cases that have cracked and fallen apart after not very long. It's a nice soft touch plastic and has a bit of flex to it so it is easier to take on and off. The bottom case has rubberized feet so that provides quite a bit of grip.

All ports are accessible and there are ventilation holes on the bottom.

There's also no massive logos on the lid like other options. There is a small logo in the bottom corner but it is hard to notice.

Overall very happy. Half the price of a similar Speck case.

The case took FOREVER to get here as I purchased it directly from the seller and they shipped it via painfully slow DHL (Shipped on Nov 22, arrived here today). HOWEVER, I see now that the product is now shipping from Amazon directly, so that's great, especially if you have Prime.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M4P3E1N/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3BwtZKD.jpg

ulE6MZh.jpg

MB0f1Os.jpg

NcvFJNs.jpg

Is that the Clear or Frost Black case?

Also, do you have issues with opening the case beyond 90 degrees? Seeing reviews of people complaining that it wont open beyond that, and that the top case is too heavy and could be too much weight for the hinges. Thanks@

Awjvail

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2010

Also, do you have issues with opening the case beyond 90 degrees? Seeing reviews of people complaining that it wont open beyond that, and that the top case is too heavy and could be too much weight for the hinges. Thanks@

It's the Frost Clear model on a Space Grey MBP.

The lid opens to the same angle as it does without the case on. The case does as some weight to the lid (it closes on its own if you put the lid down too far) but not a huge amount.

Fozzybadfeet

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2009
^Thanks for the insight...Still debating if I should go sleeve or case. Especially at that price point.

Carilyn

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2016

My I-Blason case also allows for the MBP to open normally. However it had problems at first because I stupidly snapped the top on upside down. I bet thats what others have done too because it fits both ways. The apple logo and I-Blason logo should face the same direction and then you know its on correctly:)

Reactions: vasatrya

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
My I-Blason case also allows for the MBP to open normally. However it had problems at first because I stupidly snapped the top on upside down. I bet thats what others have done too because it fits both ways. The apple logo and I-Blason logo should face the same direction and then you know its on correctly:)
O whoops I made the made the same mistake too :( when I installed the I-Blason.

SeanZy

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2008
Hey guys anyone have any suggestions on a good sleeve that I could pick up in a store like best buy or something?

I am flying out of town tomorrow and forgot to order a case this week for my 13 inch nTB

shaun.au

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2009
Sydney, Aus
Anyone after a sleeve / minimalist bag for the 13" MBPtb, the STM Blazer 11" is a perfect fit (quite tight, but still goes on without stretching too much).

The back open pocket fits an iPad Air2 (w/ leather smart case), and the front zip fits a few small dongles & the USB-C charger (but it bulges a bit at that point).

Mine cost AUD$42, but they're currently US$20 here - https://www.stmgoods.com/blazer-laptop-sleeve.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.