Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nickleclerc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2016
So my problem started two days ago, I had erased my HD and reinstalled the OS X as I was having previous issues with the computer. After doing this I started up, set it all up, and started using it. Was working perfectly fine until about 3 hours later. Everything on the computer then started to freeze and the fans started getting loud. I then proceeded to turn off the computer and turn it back on. Logged in and then my problem started. I couldn't do anything on the computer, if I hovered my mouse above anything, attempted to click something, really anything in general, I would get the beach ball loading icon. And it would continue "loading" for 5 minutes, then if I finally was able to click something like safari or anything, it would then take 5-10 mins to load, with the beach ball still present, and etc. I have tried reparing the HDs in disk utility upon starting up the computer, I've done PRAM reset, booted up in safe mode, everything. I'm so lost now on what to do.... If anyone has any suggestions, I'm willing to try it all. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.