Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Max on Macs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Milton Keynes, UK
Hi there,

Is the MacBook Pro keyboard the same as the 12-inch PowerBook one? It feels a bit different, but the measuremeants are the same and I urgently need to swap my MBP one out.

Thanks

PeterKG

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2003
They are not the same keyboards for both. One is backlit, the other is not. Why would you want to do this? It is under warranty if defective.

Max on Macs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Milton Keynes, UK
A key is broken off it. But would it work? I'm just going to put it on for like two weeks before I can get in and take it back to the Apple store. It's just I'm going to have it on show for them two weeks.

PeterKG

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2003
I would think that would be fine. Not sure if the connecter is the same. And of course the key would not light up.

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Max on Macs said:
A key is broken off it. But would it work? I'm just going to put it on for like two weeks before I can get in and take it back to the Apple store. It's just I'm going to have it on show for them two weeks.

Wow...a key dude. Seriously, a place like CompUSA can get that thing back on in like, 20 minutes.

CuteGothTech

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2006
benthewraith said:
Wow...a key dude. Seriously, a place like CompUSA can get that thing back on in like, 20 minutes.
20 minutes to put a key back on? God thats a long time!
I do it in less than 5 unless you ripped it off and bent the wire holders. LOL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.