Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mccldwll

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 26, 2006
I'm on an imac g4 at the moment and looking at the stainless steel apple inset on the base. Beautiful. Does anyone have any idea if and where one might be available for the white macbook (or would it have to be a DIY)?

wPod

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
DIY. though that would be a really cool project. get a little apple machined then chromed somewhere. if you have access to a machine shop it might be worth it, but if you dont and would have to pay for the machining, it would probably be way too expensive!

. . . that just gave me a cool idea. get a blackbook then make a red-anodized apple insert! cool!!!

Lunja

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2005
Lincoln UK
I've got a white g4 iBook and I've always wanted to make my Apple glow green... Anyone know how I could do this?

wPod

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
its easy to place a colored sheet behind the apple to make it 'glow'!!! check out my site and you will see how I have done such a mod to a 12" iBook, 12" PB and 15" PB. all pretty much the same and not to hard at all! (plus easy to undo if you have to send it in for for repair!)

Canerican

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2006
The old school Apple is so sweet and just plain groovy! I am buying that later tonight

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.