macbook--silver apple insert

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mccldwll, Dec 12, 2006.

1. mccldwll macrumors 65816

I'm on an iMac g4 at the moment and looking at the stainless steel apple inset on the base. Beautiful. Does anyone have any idea if and where one might be available for the white macbook (or would it have to be a DIY)?

2. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

DIY. though that would be a really cool project. get a little apple machined then chromed somewhere. if you have access to a machine shop it might be worth it, but if you dont and would have to pay for the machining, it would probably be way too expensive!

. . . that just gave me a cool idea. get a blackbook then make a red-anodized apple insert! cool!!!

3. Lunja macrumors 6502

Lunja

I've got a white g4 iBook and I've always wanted to make my Apple glow green... Anyone know how I could do this?

4. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

It's easy! www.icolors.ca

David

5. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

its easy to place a colored sheet behind the apple to make it 'glow'!!! check out my site and you will see how I have done such a mod to a 12" iBook, 12" PB and 15" PB. all pretty much the same and not to hard at all! (plus easy to undo if you have to send it in for for repair!)

6. Canerican macrumors regular

The old school Apple is so sweet and just plain groovy! I am buying that later tonight