Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacLion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
two years ago I have bought my first MB (black). In the beginning I had a hard time and it took me some months to get use to it, nevertheless I don't wanna miss it anymore! Now that the new MacBooks are released I am strongly thinking of getting a new one. But the question is to buy the MacBook high end version or the MBP standard config??? I am really lost! Actually just using my MB mostly for surfing, emailing and watching dvds... not playing any games... what is your opinion on waiting until the next release? Actually I want to buy it latest in beginning of April... or maybe already next week... but don't want to miss the next update... so if you have any advise that could help me will be apreciated!!!! thanks from the snowing Germany :)

mgridgaway

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2006
Notebooks were just updated so they probably won't see an update for a while.

That being said, if you can afford the MBP, get the MBP. If you're not planning on playing games or doing anything GPU intensive with it, and can't afford to spend the extra money, get the Macbook.

MacLion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
what about the timing?do you think I should wait till April and hope there will be a new update? So I will go for MBP, money shouldn't be the issue...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.