Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
It's working on my other Mac. I had some trouble initially with this. But it is now working well, and has been for some time. Here is what I've got:

MacFreePOPs 1.6
FreePOPs 0.0.99
yahoo.lua 0.1.9b

In Mail, nothing special -- no postfix on my account name in the box (full e-mail address xxx@yahoo.com) in both the user name and e-mail address boxes. Standard password in the password box.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
just won't work. do i need to do anything with parameters in the server options?

What version of the .lua are you using? Look up the log file and see what it says....

Also do this: log into the yahoo webmail interface and change the settings so that you are not using the new interface but are using the old interface.

continuum

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2004
Beautiful Lake Tahoe
What version of the .lua are you using? Look up the log file and see what it says....

Also do this: log into the yahoo webmail interface and change the settings so that you are not using the new interface but are using the old interface.

I downloaded macfreepops and then somehow i saw an updated version of the .lua file...so i downloaded that. i looked in the plugin folder and it said that the version i downloaded required a newer version of freepops (v2.0) so i downloaded that. still nothing. i think i got ahead of myself so i just deleted everything and am currently downloading macfreepops again and starting fresh.

i always have the old yahoo interface on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.