Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

MacHeist today launched its latest software bundle, offering consumers the chance to purchase several popular indie games at a discounted price. The Awesomest Mac + Windows Indie Games Extravaganza features 9 games that are compatible with both Mac and Windows Machines.

The first three games in the list below are unlocked with a payment of as little as $1, while the full list of games can be unlocked with a payment of $20. Indie Game: The Movie is also included.

indiegamebundle.jpg

[*]Offspring Fling
[*]To the Moon
[*]Deponia
[*]Super Meat Boy
[*]Braid
[*]Gone Home
[*]Insurgency
[*]Fez
[*]Prison Architect

The last two games, Fez and Prison Architect, will be unlocked for all purchasers when once certain sales targets are met.

The bundle can be purchased from the MacHeist website for the next 10 days. MacHeist is also giving away prizes and other free software titles (Defend Your Life, A Bird Story, and Cloud Knights) through a mini adventure game on the website. 10% of each bundle purchased will be donated to charity, with each person who purchases a bundle able to pick the charity of their choice.

MacRumors is an affiliate partner of MacHeist.

Article Link: MacHeist's Indie Games Bundle Offers 9 Mac Games for $20

ikir

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2007
Insurgency is a great game, OS X version is quite bugged but its get better over time. A great, strategic, realistic fps.

Reactions: Simplicated

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Braid and Super Meat Boy are each on my list of greatest games ever.

Indie Game: The Movie is fine... It's free to stream on Netflix.

I've heard of Fez (from IG: TM) but haven't ever played.

Is the bundle worth it even if I already have SMB and Braid?

alvindarkness

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2009
Braid and Super Meat Boy are each on my list of greatest games ever.

Indie Game: The Movie is fine... It's free to stream on Netflix.

I've heard of Fez (from IG: TM) but haven't ever played.

Is the bundle worth it even if I already have SMB and Braid?

A lot of this is personal opinion obviously, but I own the majority of the games in that bundle, and I think if I was in your situation (already owing smb and braid), it would still be worth the purchase for prison architect alone. Fez is good fun too.

Reactions: Keane16

ck2875

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Brighton
Even if you aren't going to buy the bundle, it's worth a quick 2 minute adventure game on the site to get the 3 free steam keys.

star-affinity

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2007
Love FEZ (Very uhh daring with how they stuck it in the mini adventure... o_O), I have Braid and Offspring Fling too.

Note that these are Steam codes you're buying.

I like Fez too, but for me the Mac version yields a tiny hick-up/stutter in graphics frame rate about every minute. It's been the same on several different Mac that should easily be capable of keeping the game at 60 frames per second.

I wonder if the game still gets any developer attention and if it will get fix or is fixed in the version sold here?

jamescobalt

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2012
Boston, MA
How about that. I assumed MacHeist went out of business. Their last nano bundle was over 2 years ago - the last full bundle in 2012. A new MacHeist bundle used to be a big internet event. Today they're pretty much irrelevant. I already got most of these games on sale through Steam.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I like Fez too, but for me the Mac version yields a tiny hick-up/stutter in graphics frame rate about every minute. It's been the same on several different Mac that should easily be capable of keeping the game at 60 frames per second.

I wonder if the game still gets any developer attention and if it will get fix or is fixed in the version sold here?

Hmm, I didn't have frame rate issues on my MacBook Pro. The Steam version was last updated in 2014: http://steamcommunity.com/app/224760/allnews/

star-affinity

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2007
Hmm, I didn't have frame rate issues on my MacBook Pro. The Steam version was last updated in 2014: http://steamcommunity.com/app/224760/allnews/

Intersting… The problem isn't too obvious though – minor drop about every minute. I guess some might not even notice it. :)

It's most obvious if you walk a long distance back and forth so the camera continuously moves, following the character. Usually it's super smooth (at 60 frames pers second) but about every minute or so I see some stuttering for a second or two.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.