Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Luuklt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2016
Holland
Hello, i bought an macintosh classic with the error code 000300f0 with the intention of fixing it, but i can't find online what this code means can someone help me?

Last edited:

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Macintosh Classic?

That's antique equipment!

It -might- have something to do with the optical drive (if there is one)...?

thewap

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2012
Might be CPU related ?

Screen Shot 2016-01-10 at 11.12.34.png

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
Hello, i bought an macintosh classic with the error code 000300f0 with the intention of fixing it, but i can't find online what this code means can someone help me?
Try here:
http://www.mac512.com/macwebpages/sadmac.htm

Found by googling:
classic mac error codes
sad mac error codes

If you're going to spend any real time or money on this antique Mac, you should find a website where Macs of that age are the primary focus. That's going to be something like mac512.com, or lowendmac.com, or similar.

You'll also need to be a little familiar with electronics, both diagnostics and repair.

Luuklt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2016
Holland
Thanks for all the suggestions! i heard washing the motherboard might help, does it? i know my way around electronics and i will inspect the motherboard for anything when i arrives in my mail. i'l tell more when i have it.

Last edited:

Luuklt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2016
Holland
it had to be resend so its gonna take just a bit longer :)

Last edited:

Luuklt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2016
Holland
I finally got it! it was the ram card that didn't work so now it works. i hope i can get a working other one because some games crash now without the extra ram. im still gonna wash the board to fix the clock and speaker because its barely audible :D

Reactions: thewap
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.