Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JeDiBoYTJ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2004
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
How do you "enable" that Services menu when you click the application name?

You know, when you click the Application name in the title bar, and scroll down to "Services", it gives a bunch of options like "Finder, Grab, Import Image, Make New Sticky Note...etc). Its always deactivated for me. Some things might be useful like the "grab" option.

How do I "enable" that menu?

Sneeper

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2004
San Francisco
JeDiBoYTJ said:
How do you "enable" that Services menu when you click the application name?

You know, when you click the Application name in the title bar, and scroll down to "Services", it gives a bunch of options like "Finder, Grab, Import Image, Make New Sticky Note...etc). Its always deactivated for me. Some things might be useful like the "grab" option.

How do I "enable" that menu?

You have to be in a native Cocao application (like Safari, not like Firefox). You have to have something highlighted. For example, if you have text highligted, you can then select "Make new sticky note".

I don't know about "Grab". It never seems available to me (Although everything else is). If you are interested in doing screen captures, there are shortcuts to do it:

Command-Shift-3 = Take a picture of the screen
Command-Shift-4 = Take a picture of the selection
Command-Shift-4,then press Control while selecting
= Take a picture of the screen, place in Clipboard.
Command-Shift-4, then Spacebar
= Take a picture of the selected window

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.