Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wardofsky

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2002
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
Some "action shots" of the mug for you all to enjoy:

I wonder if this post could be doubled onto the Drunk thread or whatever (If it's beer).

If not, cool glass, where'd ya' get it from? :D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Hey, nice shots!!! I'll be sure to post my own when I get the mug!!

So what flavor were you drinking :D

D

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
Ah, the warm fuzzy feeling....;)

The names that are currently used for non-demigods are the actual processors used in Apple computers over the years.

6502 being the first processor and jefhatfield has the most posts for a non demi and he's a 601. Only arn knows where it goes from there.

D

Wow. I know I'm not a Demi-God, but now I'm a bit worried that Apple called a processor "newbie"!:D

Maybe you should discount replies like "Keep on topic" as counting towards status. I mean, have you seen the "worst questions a PC user has asked you" thread? Tazo's using it as a personal status builder, and even patrick0brien has pointed this out! I don't mind being told to keep on topic, but moderators should do it - not members.:rolleyes:

Anyway. For the mug, do you have to log on before the adverts disappear, or is it some kinda software you send members? Nice piccie of said mug. Thanks.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by MOFS
Maybe you should discount replies like "Keep on topic" as counting towards status. I mean, have you seen the "worst questions a PC user has asked you" thread? Tazo's using it as a personal status builder, and even patrick0brien has pointed this out! I don't mind being told to keep on topic, but moderators should do it - not members.:rolleyes:

If you see problems with threads report it - there's a button for this, use it.

D

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by MOFS
Anyway. For the mug, do you have to log on before the adverts disappear, or is it some kinda software you send members? Nice piccie of said mug. Thanks.

You must be logged into the forums for the site to recognize you. There are ad-free versions of the main site as well as Page2 and Buyersguide.

The forums and individual article pages still have ads due to the nature of the the scripting. The forums' ads are relatively non-instrusive (no pop ups) and most regulars probably don't regularly hit the individual article pages (rather than the main site itself).

arn

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by tazo
anyone know when the MR mug will be back in stock? I got the money on the ol' debit card, but I dont want to wait like 2 mo. for cafepress to get their act together

I will post an announcement when the mugs get back in stock.

arn

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
hey atari, you just registered and already a demigod! i haven't seen any posts by you that i can recall. welcome!

also, don't forget to post into the new member signup in the private forum.

job

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
Originally posted by Shadowfax
hey atari, you just registered and already a demigod! i haven't seen any posts by you that i can recall. welcome!

Pssst....He's from Spymac. :) Obviously. ;) :p

Welcome to MR, Atari. :)

Huked on Fonick

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2002
1 Loop
Maybe one of these days i will coontribue i mainly just read, because i am to lazy to post and have nothing to say, great sight arn thanks... at this rate i will reach 500 posts in like a 100 years o well, no avitar for me....

-pat

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Originally posted by Huked on Fonick
Maybe one of these days i will coontribue i mainly just read, because i am to lazy to post and have nothing to say, great sight arn thanks... at this rate i will reach 500 posts in like a 100 years o well, no avitar for me....

-pat
if you're an avid reader of the site, it would be nice to contribute just the $20 to help out, since you do use the site. you don't have to talk with us on the forums, but helping the site out is great. the 20$ is the easy part, heh. the real investment is the time some of us spend here ;)

szark

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2002
Arid-Zone-A
Originally posted by Huked on Fonick
at this rate i will reach 500 posts in like a 100 years o well, no avitar for me....

-pat

Actually, at your current rate it will only take you 6.3 years... :D

groovebuster

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2002
3rd rock from the sun...
I got my mug yesterday... well, almost.

I got a letter from the local customs office here in Berlin to pick up my mug, but I have to pay import tax and customs for it which should be around 9 Euros. The resaon is, that the mug costed more than 22 Euros and therefore isn't free anymore for import.

Would it be possible for donators in europe to split the donation and the price for the mug in the future? In the given situation I pay 9 Euros extra now for a mug that is worth 12 $, just because the donation was included in the price...

groovebuster

groovebuster

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2002
3rd rock from the sun...
Little update... I picked the mug up this morning from the customs. I was very lucky since the guy serving me was very nice. I explained to him the whole situation and then he said since I am just a few bucks over the 22 Euros it's OK and I can just take it without paying anything.

:)

But since people probably won't be always as lucky as I was today, I am still interested to hear about a possible solution for that problem...

Greetings from Berlin,

groovebuster

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Originally posted by tazo
are there any other products we can buy with macrumors on them, and still receive demigod status?

Preferably under 30 dollars :)
there is the 20$ Subscription via paypal. but that is not a product, just a way to become a demi.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.