Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

For this week's giveaway, we've teamed up with Satechi to offer MacRumors readers a chance to win a desktop prize package that includes Satechi's Aluminum Portable Laptop Stand, a Rechargeable Slim Aluminum Wireless Keypad, an Aluminum Mouse Pad, and a USB Type-C SD Card Reader.

Satechi's Laptop Stand, priced at $35, is designed work with Apple's line of MacBooks and iPads. It has a collapsible design so it can be transported anywhere, and it props a MacBook or iPad up at an ideal working angle.

satechilaptopstand-800x596.jpg

It has a rubberized base so it stays secure on most surfaces, and there are also rubber inserts to protect your device. It's available in a range of colors to match Apple's MacBook and MacBook Pro lineup.

Satechi's $40 Keypad connects wirelessly to a MacBook or iMac using Bluetooth and was created to expand an existing keyboard with easy-access numerical keys. With its slim design, it can fit easily into a backpack or purse.

satechikeypad-800x533.jpg

Accompanying the Keypad and the Stand is Satechi's matching $20 aluminum mousepad and $20 USB Type-C SD and Micro SD card reader, both of which are ideal for MacBook or MacBook Pro owners. The mousepad features an ultra-smooth surface that works well with an Apple Mouse, and the SD card reader works with any USB-C device.

satechimousesdcard-800x379.jpg

Satechi is offering three prize packages for MacRumors readers. To enter to win, use the Rafflecopter widget below and enter an email address. Email addresses will be used solely for contact purposes to reach the winner and send the prize. You can earn additional entries by subscribing to our weekly newsletter, subscribing to our YouTube channel, following us on Twitter, or visiting the MacRumors Facebook page.

Due to the complexities of international laws regarding giveaways, only U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older are eligible to enter. To offer feedback or get more information on the giveaway restrictions, please refer to our Site Feedback section, as that is where discussion of the rules will be redirected.

The contest will run from today (November 11) at 11:45 a.m. Pacific Time through 11:45 a.m. Pacific Time on November 18. The winners will be chosen randomly on November 18 and will be contacted by email. The winners will have 48 hours to respond and provide a shipping address before new winners are chosen.

Article Link: MacRumors Giveaway: Win a Prize Pack From Satechi With a Laptop Stand, SD Card Reader, Keypad and More

Peter Abs

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2016
Genuine question - What is the point in a laptop stand? Looking at the picture, I can't think of any advantages of having it?

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Genuine question - What is the point in a laptop stand? Looking at the picture, I can't think of any advantages of having it?

At home I use a laptop stand when I've got my laptop on a desk or table -- why? In order to keep it cooler and also to give it some protection against spills if I've got a mug of coffee or a glass of soda near the computer. When I travel, same thing. While I also do of course use my rMB on my lap a lot, there are times I prefer for it to be on a desk or table.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
That last photo just once again highlights how stupid it is for a computer to only have one port. You have to pull the power cord out just to use that card adapter!
I'm glad to have one
It is definitely easier to input a bunch of numbers into something like Excel if you have a keypad.

Reactions: NY Guitarist

Otis Bagotis

macrumors member
May 9, 2013
I sure could use that keypad. Being an accountant on a Mac is probably not the smartest decision but oh well. It beats going back to Windows.

Teon

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2016
what I lacked in my MacBook - the numeric keypad on the right. It's genius, and why I had not heard about it. Go to google shopping (I often use the numbers in work)

Pklink04

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2012
That keypad is very slick! Would have loved something like that when working on my thesis (lots of data entry). Even now though it would be nice!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.