Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
I can't get it to work...

I double click on it and Stuffit starts up but just spins the beachball until I force quit it :confused:

YoYoMac

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2004
Chattanooga, TN
Can someone please do a short walk thru of what the crap I'm supposed to do to get into this thing? I downloaded IRC, now I'm stuck. Is anyone going to be at MSWF and telling us whats going on? If not, then youdon't have to tell me how to get on. :)

Knox

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 1, 2002
UK
New version of MRChat (1.0.2)

Changes

• Further clean up of error messages & IRC messages
  • Improved handling of live events - if the channel user limit has been reached MRChat now automatically redirects to an alternative server
  • Updated server list

Any problems let me know :)

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
This sounds like a good think. Should now even be better with an update. Thank you Knox for your hard work. ;)

zach

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2003
Medford
Please do come in, we're a very nice closeknit community. There's about 20 or so regulars in there, and you're much more likely to get a response instantly there :D

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I have not been able to get in for several months now...it seems to connect OK but won't let me join the chat room.

I checked the krono.net site, and all the stats are 0 at the moment...and have been ever since this started.

0 servers, 0 channels, 0 users

JW8725

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2005
UK
encro said:
A brilliant IRC client is Colloquy. The latest beta's are really well designed, fast and stable. Thanks to kenshin on the #camino channel (irc.mozilla.org) for putting me on to this one.

I agree with this fella, use colloquy its a fine bit of software!

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
zach said:
Please do come in, we're a very nice closeknit community. There's about 20 or so regulars in there, and you're much more likely to get a response instantly there :D

I've just downloaded IRC. Dragged anded dropped the icon in Applications. So far very slow to respond. It keeps timing out. Beachball.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
wrldwzrd89 said:
I have not been able to get in for several months now...it seems to connect OK but won't let me join the chat room.

I checked the krono.net site, and all the stats are 0 at the moment...and have been ever since this started.

0 servers, 0 channels, 0 users

Thank you, at least I know that it isn't a problem on my end. Please let me know when it's working. The I will give it a try again. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.