Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
this is great news now if we could just smooth things out in the middle east lol

but in all seriousness congrats love the site and all the useful info and news.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
I remember when I joined. During the Intel switch. I was living in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

I picked up a 17" PowerBook G4 1.67GHz with 2GB of RAM and a 120GB HDD. That thing was loaded.

Ahh memories.

I joined in late 2002. Right after 10.2 came out, and I decided to make a Mac my primary platform. At the time, my fastest Mac was a then-four-year-old beige G3, while I had a fast Windows box I was "giving up" to move to the Mac. In mid 2003, I sold off my 1.4 GHz Athlon, dual 700 MHz Xeon, my beige G3, and two iMacs I had acquired to buy my first new Mac: A minimum-spec 12" PowerBook G4.

I can't find what the first topic I posted in was, but it appears that the first I started was asking for help with iMovie in 2005. It was never answered...

Jett0516

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2010
we would of reached 2 million threads if members would stop bashing repeated threads.

Craiglorocks

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2010
I think this helps show how large the Mac community is becoming. Each month, I am going to an Apple store with another friend who is finally switching, to pick out a new toy. Long live the revolution!

xxgilxx

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2010
I check you everyday. I have posted some stupid stuff on you. God i love this site!

Vizzyx

macrumors newbie
I remember when I just bough my first MacBook about 2 years ago and Googled for something mac-related, I stumbled upon this website. Since then, although I haven't been a regular forum poster, I always got all the latest news and rumours from here. Hence the name, I guess.

Long live MacRumors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.