Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
Survey taken :)

Can the OS X Server forum, be used for general IT Professional discussion, like OS X deployment etc.?

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
Congrats on the server forum.

I also support it being used for professional issues e.g. supporting OSX users, deployment etc.

Does that include use of Remote Desktop?

DTphonehome

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2003
NYC
Took the survey. A suggestion: Add a little progress bar at the bottom so you know how far along you are.

basesloaded190

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
Wisconsin
survey taken...love the site and i have to admit im here multiple times a day..i guess i just can't get enough of all this mac stuff :D
o yeah..a progress bar would just be the icing on the cake!

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
excellent news on the updates..

what i'd also like to see is more compatibility with mobile devices (ie, iPhone etc..).. as every time I visit the PDA version, it says the forums aren't available :(

Richard Flynn

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2006
Sydney
Arn, I'm glad you mentioned the RSS feeds. I've been using them for a while now, but find it really annoying that the content is truncated. Is there any chance you could put full content of the news-items into the feeds? I find that when I'm scanning through new items in NetNewsWire that I tend not to bother reading truncated items, whereas if there's full content in the feed I'll scan through it in the feed reader and then most often click through so that I have a whole lot of tabs open in Safari of things I want to read properly.

Took the survey. I was a bit surprised that there was no ‘Rather not say’*for the household income question. I just didn't answer it, and thankfully it didn't reject my form submission… You probably wouldn't want to change the contents of the survey now, though, since that can lead to skewed results!

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
survey done :D also but in a little comment and feedback for yousguys.

whats this i hear about a coffee mug? i would love to win that. hey theres an idea i didnt put in... how about a new little competition... grand prize... 1x coffee mug!

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
One thing I have often wished for is for MacBytes to be more iPhone friendly. As it is, it shows up with very small text, and the comment links are almost impossible to tap, because they are 3 characters wide (often). Maybe we could make those wider, like, they could say (3 comments) rather than just (3).

jragosta

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2004
What is it with people that they have to be negative about anything involving Apple? This is showing 26 positive and 14 negative - just what is there in this post that could possibly be considered negative?

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Survey Complete. But...

My only suggestion was/is for the combo of iPhone/Macrumors user.
I appreciate the iPhone-specific layout, but feel there is one glaring issue: advancing pages in a forum. Maybe it's just me (as I have not stumbled across other similar concerns) but the Next Page buttons (the > or 1 or 2 [etc] buttons in the forums, just to the right of the BIG Page X of X) are far too small - almost unusable. Even at full zoom, those little > still require near pin point accuracy with the tap.

I'd personally like to see those buttons increase to at least the same size as the Page X of X indicators. Would make browsing MR, on an iPhone, a much more efficient experience.

Otherwise, MR is a great service you provide the community.
As a daily user, I sincerely thank you all for your tireless efforts.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Happy to do the survey. The ads pay for my free site usage, and I know the survey will help sell ads.

I use the RSS feeds all the time.

jaime.flores

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2007
Happy to do the survey. The ads pay for my free site usage, and I know the survey will help sell ads.

I use the RSS feeds all the time.

Survey complete. I also <3 RSS feeds, speaking of which...

Is there a single RSS feed that syndicates both MR Front Page content and MR Page 2 content?

I looked around but I didn't find see one off the bat. I would definitely appreciate it if a single feed with all the news content was put up :D (if it isn't already up and I just can't find it :p)

Thanks,

-- Jaime

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
RSS will be revisited at some point, hopefully soon. :)

arn

To borrow a little from above:

Survey complete. Enter when ready...

250px-Holodeck2.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.