Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

08mxkfx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
I have a new aluminum macbook and i plugged in the charger and when i checked my battery status is says battery not charging and the light on the magsafe connector keps blinking green and orange real fast. What could be wrong? I made an appointment at the apple store tomorrow but the problem is that im going away Sunday and i need my laptop. Think if theres something internally wrong with it they will replace it or will they send it out for repair? Also my F buttons are slanted and my speakers click sometimes right before they make sound. Think that will be good enough reason to get a new one?

08mxkfx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
Figured i would let you guys know that i just got back from the apple store with a brand new macbook. They took one right out of the retail box and handed it to me. No more speaker clicking, slanted keys and it charges! ANd i bought this October 24 so its been 26 days.

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
O.. that's interesting.

Because I have some dust under the screen. I wouldn't mind going in and asking for a replacement.

I doubt they will treat that the same as all the issues the other poster listed, but you can ask them. But you can at least ask them what to do to get rid of that if you can really see it and it is impacting your screen view.

acfusion29

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2007
Toronto
I doubt they will treat that the same as all the issues the other poster listed, but you can ask them. But you can at least ask them what to do to get rid of that if you can really see it and it is impacting your screen view.

Yeah. I got the MacBook on launch and I inspected the screen for dead pixels and dust and it was absolutely fine.

And now I have some dust.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.