Mail : how do I stop it from ....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by glosterseagul, Sep 10, 2006.

1. glosterseagul macrumors regular

giving error messages on emails I am sending? ie when there are errors in the list for example the address has a full stop at the end or is missing ".com".

It's ok when it's just a few emails: but when replying to all Can I ignore these emails and just send tyhe correct addresses?

I seem to have to find the email in question and correct it or delete it. Its fine most of the time but when there was a big list it becomes a bit of a pain ...:confused:

thanks

2. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

I also had this major problem, but with Entourage. Had to get a massive email out to 375 people in 5 minutes, copied and pasted my list, and got tons of errors. Had to go back and check every single fricking address to make sure they were accurate, and needless to say finding 42 addresses took me nearly an hour. Any ideas?

3. glosterseagul thread starter macrumors regular

yes - ideas indeed?

The point that these emails came to me with the errors ie no such domain?

I am just re-sending when there is a dodgy email address I am deleting it ... up to "H"....:rolleyes:

4. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Copy the list into Word and fix it up there. Much easier than doing it through mail.

5. glosterseagul thread starter macrumors regular

Yes that's ok for missing .com and too many dots; but the latest was john@eletrictoolbox.co.uk. Looks ok? but'aint!:confused:

6. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Probably ought to be eleCtrictoolbox.com

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Are you getting a failure to send that results in an error e-mail bouncing back from your server to your inbox, or does Mail just halt the whole process? Do you have the Automatically Complete Addresses turned on or off in the composing tab of preferences?

8. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Mine simply stopped the whole process. Also, I both clicked and unclicked the "Automatically Complete Addresses" and it didn't work either time...I just wish it would send it out and just bounce back the one's that didn't work as opposed to not sending out the entire email...boo

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

What version of Mail? When I have incorrect addresses in my list, I get a message pop-up that says "xxx does not appear to be valid..." but then it has a "send anyway" button. But then I get a refusal by my SMTP...hmm... I don't see a way to ignore SMTP server errors....

10. glosterseagul thread starter macrumors regular

It stops the whole lot!:mad:

I switched off "Automatically Complete Addresses" as it was on still no good.

It says it cant use the server ....then..
    (this one has no "c" for co.uk.)

The server response was: martin.hamilton@jpconstruction.o.uk: no such domain

Use the pop-up menu below to try a different outgoing mail server. All messages will use this server until you quit Mail or change your network settings.

11. glosterseagul thread starter macrumors regular

Yes mine did that then it came up with the above error message. Perhaps its the service provider?