Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glosterseagul

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2004
giving error messages on emails I am sending? ie when there are errors in the list for example the address has a full stop at the end or is missing ".com".

It's ok when it's just a few emails: but when replying to all Can I ignore these emails and just send tyhe correct addresses?

I seem to have to find the email in question and correct it or delete it. Its fine most of the time but when there was a big list it becomes a bit of a pain ...:confused:

thanks

Veritas&Equitas

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Twin Cities, MN
I also had this major problem, but with Entourage. Had to get a massive email out to 375 people in 5 minutes, copied and pasted my list, and got tons of errors. Had to go back and check every single fricking address to make sure they were accurate, and needless to say finding 42 addresses took me nearly an hour. Any ideas?

glosterseagul

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2004
Veritas&Equitas said:
I also had this major problem, but with Entourage. Had to get a massive email out to 375 people in 5 minutes, copied and pasted my list, and got tons of errors. Had to go back and check every single fricking address to make sure they were accurate, and needless to say finding 42 addresses took me nearly an hour. Any ideas?

yes - ideas indeed?

The point that these emails came to me with the errors ie no such domain?

I am just re-sending when there is a dodgy email address I am deleting it ... up to "H"....:rolleyes:

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Copy the list into Word and fix it up there. Much easier than doing it through mail.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Are you getting a failure to send that results in an error e-mail bouncing back from your server to your inbox, or does Mail just halt the whole process? Do you have the Automatically Complete Addresses turned on or off in the composing tab of preferences?

Veritas&Equitas

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Twin Cities, MN
Mine simply stopped the whole process. Also, I both clicked and unclicked the "Automatically Complete Addresses" and it didn't work either time...I just wish it would send it out and just bounce back the one's that didn't work as opposed to not sending out the entire email...boo

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
What version of Mail? When I have incorrect addresses in my list, I get a message pop-up that says "xxx does not appear to be valid..." but then it has a "send anyway" button. But then I get a refusal by my SMTP...hmm... I don't see a way to ignore SMTP server errors....

glosterseagul

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2004
mkrishnan said:
Are you getting a failure to send that results in an error e-mail bouncing back from your server to your inbox, or does Mail just halt the whole process? Do you have the Automatically Complete Addresses turned on or off in the composing tab of preferences?

It stops the whole lot!:mad:

I switched off "Automatically Complete Addresses" as it was on still no good.

It says it cant use the server ....then..
(this one has no "c" for co.uk.)

The server response was: martin.hamilton@jpconstruction.o.uk: no such domain

Use the pop-up menu below to try a different outgoing mail server. All messages will use this server until you quit Mail or change your network settings.

glosterseagul

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2004
mkrishnan said:
What version of Mail? When I have incorrect addresses in my list, I get a message pop-up that says "xxx does not appear to be valid..." but then it has a "send anyway" button. But then I get a refusal by my SMTP...hmm... I don't see a way to ignore SMTP server errors....

Yes mine did that then it came up with the above error message. Perhaps its the service provider?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.