Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mddharma

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 21, 2005
Hagerstown, Md
I have a lot of correspondence from many people in my business. I need help in setting up a "smart mailbox" or "smart folder" that will keep all the mail from one individual in the box or folder AND all of the mail I send them. I am stump!:eek:

ALSO, how would I move all the old correspondence into these new folders? If Mail is limited is there a third party solution?

ero87

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2006
New York City
Smart folders don't really work for me...

what i do is create a regular folder, then make some Rules in the Mail preferences. very simple and easy to read, check them out! Have the rules send your mail to that folder.

mddharma

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 21, 2005
Hagerstown, Md
Smart folders don't really work for me...

what i do is create a regular folder, then make some Rules in the Mail preferences. very simple and easy to read, check them out! Have the rules send your mail to that folder.

I had set up a smart folder but for what ever reason could not get my correspondence that I send to them to go to that mailbox. It seems as though that the rule would send ALL of my correspondence to anyone would go to the mail folder.:confused:

ero87

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2006
New York City
so don't use a smart folder :)

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    23 KB · Views: 98
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 1,136

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
I like the idea of smart mailboxes, but they really need better Boolean logic for them to be useful. The choice of 'any' or 'all' for the conditions is too limited. I'm really hoping for a big change in Leopard. I know that Spotlight has the ability (if you know the syntax) to do this, it'd just be nice if it was GUI and across all system apps, not just spotlight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.