Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dubstar

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Not sure if this is a MobileMe function but:

I want my mail account on my imac and on my iphone to be in sync. Like if i check mail on my phone and delete messages then it will reflect on my imac as well.

I rarely open mail on my imac and when I do there are tons of messages that have been deleted on my iphone still in the inbox.

What do I need to do to have the deletions reflect on my imac?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Not sure if this is a MobileMe function but:

I want my mail account on my imac and on my iphone to be in sync. Like if i check mail on my phone and delete messages then it will reflect on my imac as well.

I rarely open mail on my imac and when I do there are tons of messages that have been deleted on my iphone still in the inbox.

What do I need to do to have the deletions reflect on my imac?

If you are using MobileMe IMAP email on both devices it will do this.

dubstar

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Sorry, I didn't specify that this is a gmail account. I am not actually using my mobileme email account.

Is this still possible?

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
Sorry, I didn't specify that this is a gmail account. I am not actually using my mobileme email account.

Is this still possible?

yes, gmail supports imap on both devices. you don't even need mobile me to accomplish this. mobile me only syncs the settings in mail, not the mail itself.

edit: let me add, that if you were using a pop3 account, you could fetch it through your mobileme (or gmail) account and sync that way also. i use gmail to fetch mail from two pop3 accounts that don't support imap.

dubstar

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Honestly, I am not too familiar with IMAP, POP3 and their functions. I recognize the terms....

could you let me know what steps to take to make this happen? or provide a link?

thanks for you help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.