Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleInTheMud

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
Vojens Denmark
So. I have a problem. Suddenly Mail and Firefox can connect to the internet, but Safari, Google Chrome, App Store and iTunes can not connect to the internet. So I am online. But...

What happend. I downloaded Replay Media Catcher. Tried it. Hated it.

So I did the following.:
Went to Finder
Searched for Replay
And deleted 3 files. The App, it's folder and woops... Some system file maybe? It was there under the search.

After that. Safari and so on, didn't have an internet connection. So what file did I "accidently" delete?

I already tried to reinstall Mac OS Sierra without deleting my files. Didn't work.

Any suggestions?

AppleInTheMud

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
Vojens Denmark
Hmm... I reinstalled Replay Media Catcher and now everything works again.

But that doesn't seem good :-O Replay Media Catcher must be mallware or worse

Rok73

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2015
Planet Earth
So. I have a problem. Suddenly Mail and Firefox can connect to the internet, but Safari, Google Chrome, App Store and iTunes can not connect to the internet. So I am online. But...

What happend. I downloaded Replay Media Catcher. Tried it. Hated it.

So I did the following.:
Went to Finder
Searched for Replay
And deleted 3 files. The App, it's folder and woops... Some system file maybe? It was there under the search.

After that. Safari and so on, didn't have an internet connection. So what file did I "accidently" delete?

I already tried to reinstall Mac OS Sierra without deleting my files. Didn't work.

Any suggestions?
Also, do not delete files manually to remove an app from your Mac.

1. Either drag & drop the app to Trash (paper basket)
2. OR if the app comes with a dedicated installer, use that installer to properly deinstall the software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.