Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mklos

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2002
My house!
I use MS Word for OS X to do mine. In Word under the Tools Menu there's a Labels section. Works pretty good too.

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
define mac software? does it have to be apple made? because as far as im concerned, ms word for mac is a mac software.

skd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2006
carmel, ca
I have a macbook pro and I have MS word for mac but it doesn't run native on my computer. When I go over to boot camp....MS word runs twice as fast as when I'm in the mac partition. I would like to spend less time in the window partition and eventually not go there at all. I guess I'm looking for a mac software to do the mailing labels that would run native on my intel mac.

mklos

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2002
My house!
Word may load a little slower, but other than that, I don't see any performance issues. If all you're going to do is make labels, then what is the point of having something .5 sec faster on the windows side? Makes no sense to me....

skd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2006
carmel, ca
thanks mklos, you do have a point. I guess I'm also looking for a good replacement for mac word that is native to the intel mac.

mklos

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2002
My house!
For a simple Word processor, I use Pages which is part of iWork that Apple makes. I'm not really a fan of MS Word. It does everything you don't want it to. You have to go back and change all kinds of settings so it doesn't do all of that auto-format crap. Its just a pain in the butt. Typical M$ app. It wants to be in control of you, instead of the other way around.

skd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2006
carmel, ca
thanks mklos, I'm an architect and after 20 years in the window world and using autocad I made the switch to mac last year. I'm soooo fed up with MS and autocad and the crashing and the price of the updates. I really want to leave that life behind if for nothing than keeping my sanity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.