Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jacinto45

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Hey,

I just installed Boot Camp on my iMac 20", and the installation and stuff all works great.

I just tried playing Madden 2006, though. It launches fine and the game even looks great--except for that it goes about 3 times faster than normal speed. Even the clock does. It's so fast it's unplayable, and it's not just some "accelerated mode" or something.

In doing some Googling, it appears that it's a problem with the Core Duo chip. I haven't been able to find much about it, though. Interestingly, when I go to the diagnostic thing that tells you if your computer can play the game, all of the information is correct, except for--I'm not making this up--it says that my processor is -8224.7 MHz. That's right, negative eight thousand megahurtz.

Can anyone confirm this? Even better, anyone got a fix?

mlrproducts

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2004
Try installed CHUD and disable one of the cores, just run it with one of the cores and see if it helps.

gohawks

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2006
jacinto45,

Has it been worked out?
I am interested in buying MBP and Madden.
Thanks alot.

Gohawks

MGLXP

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2005
I said this before in another thread but I'll say it again. This is common problem in Windows XP with multi-processors. You need to download the Multi-processor patch for Windows XP from Microsoft. Or while playing the game, press Alt-tab to temporarily exit the game, enter task manager (ctrl-alt-del or right click on taskbar), right click on the process (the game, eg. GAME.exe), and set the affinity to one cpu (press affinity, and unclick one cpu). This tells the game to only use one CPU. Then just re-enter the game and the "fast motion" should be gone. It is important to note that without installing the real patch, this fix is temporary and must be applied again if you exit the game.

dwboston

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2006
MA
Problems with Madden 04 & 06

Any tips on where on the Microsoft site you can download the multiprocessor patch; just spent 30 minutes searching their downloads page with no success. I have the speed problems with both Madden 04 & 06; seems to be the only EA sport game that causes this problem.

thanks dwboston

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.