Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

craigdawg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2004
Sactown
Guess what? Alcohol was involved.
FOREMAN, Ark. - A man was injured when he jumped from a car traveling 55-60 mph in an effort to retrieve a cigarette blown out of a passenger-side window.

Jeff Foran, 38, suffered trauma to his nose, eyes and chin after leaping from the car Saturday night and landing on the eastbound lane Arkanas 234 near the Oklahoma border, state police Trooper Jamie Gravier said.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=816&e=1&u=/ap/20050523/ap_on_fe_st/smoker_s_face

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
Lacero said:
A drunk. A smoker. And an idiot. Quite the catch, eh ladies?

Most likely this individual will eventually die smoking in bed. It's disturbing to note that if, by further stupid luck he causes a housefire through negligence/stupidity that kills anyone else he wouldn't be charged with anything serious.

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
iGary said:
Too bad Darwin didn't win.

Yeah, that was a pretty good candidate for an award. Better luck next time, perhaps? (as long as he's the only winner, nobody else involved)

feakbeak

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2003
Michigan
Yvan256 said:
Yeah, that was a pretty good candidate for an award. Better luck next time, perhaps? (as long as he's the only winner, nobody else involved)
This seems worthy of an honorable mention.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
i'd say not all smokers are this stupid, but everyone would gang up on me.

not all drinkers either.

i think the guy is just an idiot notwithstanding.

feakbeak

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2003
Michigan
rainman::|:| said:
i'd say not all smokers are this stupid, but everyone would gang up on me.

not all drinkers either.

i think the guy is just an idiot notwithstanding.
I completely agree. If this guy was willing to do this drunk I'm sure you could convince him to do it sober too. Just bet him $20 he wouldn't do it... out of the vehicle he goes!

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
His drinking to inebriation explains a lot. Caused his lack common sense while in a moving car. Must of had a real craving. :eek: He's lucky that being so relaxed prevented serious illness. Hope that after being sober, if that occurs, he realized the peril of his actions.

calyxman

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2005
smokey2.gif

Remember kids, only you can help prevent forest fires.

Nice work Jeff.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
"It was obvious he was extremely intoxicated and this man was hurt," Gravier said. "If anything could make him stop smoking, this should be it. The man is lucky to be alive."

My guess is that he's smoking right now.

Hoef

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2004
Houston, TX..... (keep walking)
The guy was probably in a pickup truck with jugs of gasoline in the bed (is that the term, obviously not a pickup truck driver).... He was saving the city, can you imagine the explosion?

Maybe I should just keep dreaming

Inspector Lee

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2004
East Lansing, MI
calyxman said:
smokey2.gif

Remember kids, only you can help prevent forest fires.

Nice work Jeff.

Casting aside the fact that this guy from Arkansas is a half-breed idiot, how do you and your buddy Smokey account for the fact that 95% of all forest fires are caused by lightning strikes? Must be all those rugrats in Troop 109 wavin' those aluminum bats above treeline outside of Leadville, CO...

Simply can't fathom how this guy would dive out of a car for a stick. Maybe it was the last of the Panama Red? Eerily similar to that case a few months back where the guy got decapitated on the drive home because he was so loaded and had his head out the window and a pole came along and POW!

Inspector Lee

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2004
East Lansing, MI
Hoef said:
The guy was probably in a pickup truck with jugs of gasoline in the bed (is that the term, obviously not a pickup truck driver)....

I thought it was the "deck" but that has to do with planes. Somebody call Philip Morris and get the guy a gig. Don't know what the weather was like in Foreman last night but wouldn't the icing on the cake be if it was absolutely raining sheets?

comictimes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Berkeley, California
hm... what could a conspiracy theorist say...

"The man was actually leaping from the car because he was being held against his will by the driver, and was simply escaping. Also, the "cigarette" that he leaped after was in fact the rolled up notes describing a plot to kill thousands of people, which will soon be released to the public now that he has gotten it away from the people that were holding him."

hehe... I love doing that with stupid news articles...

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2004
TreeHugger said:
I can't say that I feel sorry for the guy unless he somehow is retarded.

If not previously diagnosed, then I think it might be a "a no brainer" now.

calyxman

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2005
Inspector Lee said:
Casting aside the fact that this guy from Arkansas is a half-breed idiot, how do you and your buddy Smokey account for the fact that 95% of all forest fires are caused by lightning strikes?

It was a joke. :rolleyes:

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
If this guy had died, he would have been on the fast track to the Darwin Award...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.