Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Just finished making a clean and simple back for my liking. You're welcomed to download all the colors w00t! :)

http://schneiderstudios.deviantart.com/art/MacBook-Pro-15-quot-In-Color-202887802

macbook_pro_15___in_color_by_schneiderstudios-d3csl8a.jpg

jthawke

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2008
Sure. First of all, you'll need an App like CandyBar. WHich is the one I used but it's not free. I know there are other apps out there that are free and do the same thing, but I don't know any names, so I won't be able to help you on that one.

You will also need to make your dock transparent before doing anything to it. So, I used Mirage, which is very simple.

Now make the dock, you just need GeekTool, where you will use it to create an empty shell in black colour, so you can use it as a background for the dock. You can set the opacity to your liking.

Then, just have to download the Icon Set from the creator, and apply them with CandyBar to your dock.

Hope this helped :)

I think I can understand that you set your dock to pin to the right, but what is that "play" icon you have to the left of the finder icon in the dock?

This is the coolest dock config I've ever seen. I assume it's pretty simple to create your own dock icons in Photoshop for apps that aren't included?

Thanks!

surfologist87

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010
Here is my contribution to the thread. I just finished this up for my MBP

5554331001_7a3267946f_b.jpg

I would love to know if anyone can help.
I found the guide to get the black dock. Gonna work on that later ;)
But i would love the black bar on the top. and the Wifi signal indicator that looks like cell phone signal?? I love that, can anyone tell me how to go about getting that on?

Thanks!!

cMotz

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2011
USA
Hey guys. This is my first post here. I just recently got my first Macbook Pro was just fishing around for a community; found this place, and jumped in. :\

When it comes to wallpapers I like nice, clean, symmetrical wallpapers. I am kind of OCD when it comes to it. So when I see big busy wallpapers with text and stuff everywhere, I usually cringe. I really dislike when people make amazing pieces of art, than butcher it with random text at the bottom right or somewhere where it draws your eyes when its placed. The little JohnDoe@wallpapers.com or something ... blah. :)

I took the Thor picture from [here]. I didn't like the little logos at the bottom so I removed them in photoshop. I am still in the learning curve, figuring things out as I go. I got a couple icons changed and stuff, but nothing drastic.

desktopr.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.