Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
dogbone said:
I remember about 30 years ago I was talking to someone who I knew to be a smack addict and I knew nothing about drugs then. I had a gut feeling of the 'badness' or heroin. I remember I was sitting in a cafe with him at one time and he took out a clear geletine capsule filled with a yellow oily substance that he proceeded to pierce with a pin and smear on his face, and I thought to myself. "wow, so that's heroin". Turns out it was just vitamine E oil.

hahah, that is awesome

*pierces his heroin capsule and smears it on his face*

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
dogbone said:
I remember about 30 years ago I was talking to someone who I knew to be a smack addict and I knew nothing about drugs then. I had a gut feeling of the 'badness' or heroin. I remember I was sitting in a cafe with him at one time and he took out a clear geletine capsule filled with a yellow oily substance that he proceeded to pierce with a pin and smear on his face, and I thought to myself. "wow, so that's heroin". Turns out it was just vitamine E oil.

ROFL

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
A couple of days ago our university hosted a guest speaker, a former Texan DEA agent of 30 years to talk to us about why he thinks drugs should be legal. A very informative speech from someone who used to be on the other side of the fence. Every defense he had for legalization made perfect sense, also went along with a bunch of good comparisons to countries like Holland and Switzerland.

Also, Mexico announced today they are decriminalizing possesion of all illegal drugs in an effort to combat larger trafficking. Should be very interesting to see how the U.S. responds to this, probably won't be good.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/04/28/mexico.drugs.ap/index.html

jon

jaysmith

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2005
iJon said:
Also, Mexico announced today they are decriminalizing possesion of all illegal drugs in an effort to combat larger trafficking. Should be very interesting to see how the U.S. responds to this, probably won't be good.

jon

legalized tiny amounts for personal use only, a far cry from amsterdam. but it sdhould be an interesting new system. and hey, if it works, canada won't be fasr behind! not that its too strict right now.

skrew

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2006
jaysmith said:
legalized tiny amounts for personal use only, a far cry from amsterdam. but it sdhould be an interesting new system. and hey, if it works, canada won't be fasr behind! not that its too strict right now.

I lived in Holland for 2 and half years or so, and from my experience and understanding of the laws of the country on marijuana, your really only ever allowed to have small amounts on you at any time and all marijuana is for personal use. I'm a bit out of the loop, living in australia at the moment but im pretty sure the only place your allowed to smoke is at home, unless they didnt pass the law against smoking in coffee shops.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
iJon said:
A couple of days ago our university hosted a guest speaker, a former Texan DEA agent of 30 years to talk to us about why he thinks drugs should be legal. A very informative speech from someone who used to be on the other side of the fence. Every defense he had for legalization made perfect sense, also went along with a bunch of good comparisons to countries like Holland and Switzerland.

jon
The war on drugs is a big failure that has only grown the police state. It has cost us Billions, Its time for new thinking. You will never control something by driving it underground. Marijuana is a lot safer then the govt spin we had for decades. Legalize,tax the hell out of it and then use those $$$ for education and roads, not the bombs and prisons that is the answer for everything by this republican govt of ours. They think you must live your life to their thinking and if you arent you should be in jail rather then living your life the way you want to. Isnt that what freedom is about?

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
skrew said:
I lived in Holland for 2 and half years or so, and from my experience and understanding of the laws of the country on marijuana, your really only ever allowed to have small amounts on you at any time and all marijuana is for personal use. I'm a bit out of the loop, living in australia at the moment but im pretty sure the only place your allowed to smoke is at home, unless they didnt pass the law against smoking in coffee shops.

thats funny cuz the last time i was there you could buy it and smoke it in the same coffee shop. they even provided a little bong for you.

jaysmith

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2005
haha, that reminds me of the simpsons where homer starts smoking. dr. nick gives him his medical marijuana and prescription bong

"Do you want the wizard, or the skull?"

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Dont Hurt Me said:
The war on drugs is a big failure that has only grown the police state. It has cost us Billions, Its time for new thinking. You will never control something by driving it underground. Marijuana is a lot safer then the govt spin we had for decades. Legalize,tax the hell out of it and then use those $$$ for education and roads, not the bombs and prisons that is the answer for everything by this republican govt of ours. They think you must live your life to their thinking and if you arent you should be in jail rather then living your life the way you want to. Isnt that what freedom is about?
Oh I know, and it's nice seeing our countries to the north and south of us realizing that. The one thing that the DEA agent said that stuck out in my mind was that you have to take the criminal out of this whole situation. When you take the criminal and the profit out of the drug war, everything then just becomes a medical problem, and we can handle a medical problem. Once again, no use having laws you can't enforce.

jon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.