Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

willjl88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2020
I've been waiting for a new MB for a long time. I've been using my MacBook Pro 2011 for a while for general work but also use Logic Pro and, unsurprisingly, can't take it anymore. I'm not an intensive user of Logic, typically with only 10 tracks on the go and mainly the built in plug ins, with the exception of Helix Native.

Do you think the Air M1 will run Logic well for my purposes?

dahlblom

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2013
It definitely will considering that current Air's could handle the workload you just mentioned. Honestly, it will probably be a breeze for your needs. I would however wait for further videos on Logic being used with the new M1.

Boil

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2018
Stargate Command
Apple showed (but did not go into any great detail) Logic Pro X running on all the new hardware several times (or was it just the MBP & mini?), and claimed it could do 2 or 3 times the amount for tracks...?

But I would not get the Air, go for the improved thermals of the Pro...

Or wait and see what might come in the form of 14" & 16" MBPs next year...? Those will probably come with M1X chips (M1Z going in the Mac Pro)...?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.