Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rollobancher

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2004
Cali
Hello,
I purchased a MB Core Duo back in July when they were first released, and to my luck was plagued with problems. I sent in my MB the first time for the whine and heat issue, bezel demalination, RSS, and discoloration. Apple Care fixed the problem promptly, and sent back my MB. All they did was replace the CPU heatsink and ignored the other problems. I was fed up with dealing with apple care and had to use my laptop for school so i just let it be. Three months later the whine and heat issue came back even after the update so i gave applecare a call back, I got in contact with Karey(super nice guy) and described my situation and told him how dissatisfied i was with my MB and so he replaced it with one of the newer C2D MB for free. I was totally stoked until i got from FedEX, Whenever i open the MB C2D it makes a cracking sound like two pieces of plastic are hitting, Just my luck. So i took a look to see what two pieces were rubbing and noticed it was the part between the display and the base(pictures are attached), and the same delamination is occurring.

So my question is, Is this a know issue?, Should i let these problems go since they upgraded me for free, or should i give Apple Care a call back and get a repair or replacement? I am pretty bumbed about the whole situation,considering i had to already wait a week to get a replacement.

Attachments

• IMG_1781.jpg
    IMG_1781.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1782.jpg
    IMG_1782.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1774_2.jpg
    IMG_1774_2.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1775.jpg
    IMG_1775.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 119

vega07

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2006
I don't see the pictures. but if it's a great annoyance, it should fixed.

MSM Hobbes

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2006
NE Hoosierana
Every time you open, every time you close it, that sound is going to annoy you. If such was a car, I'm sure that I'd be taking it back to the shop... ;)

:cool: The woman at home called a bit ago... the FedEx guy delivered my new C2D white MB!!! :up: :)

Hobbes crosses fingers again that issues similar to the above are not within this to be opened box...

maverick808

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2004
Scotland
That looks pretty bad to me. We have 3 MacBooks in our office and none of them have that issue. I'd definitely be asking for a replacement if I were you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.