MB flickering Red Dots Come and Go...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mperreault, Oct 24, 2006.

1. mperreault macrumors newbie

My 2 month old MacBook has started to get Red Dots appearing all over the screen... They come and go, They're in no particular place and sometimes they're worse than others...

Check out the picture of Moss from the IT Crowd I snapped (below)... It's always annoying but it has made editing pictures almost impossible...

I don't think this is a stuck pixel issue because they're not always in the same place and they move...

[​IMG]

See how the red pixels run down Moss' face where it meets his hair... As the video moves the line will stay in more or less the same spot on his face...

I don't get it... Has anyone ever seen this before?
    :mad:

2. nitynate macrumors 6502a

Call applecare.

It could be a logic board problem.

3. Ste-Vizzle macrumors newbie

i have the SAME issue! I NEED SOMEONE TO HELP ME WITH FIXING IT! i cannot play any of my video games without huge red/blue/green pixels flailing about my screen! They are never in one certain spot, they move about. i don't know why they do it! Someone Help me! the dots started coming up ever since i downloaded a demo of a video game and they have not been the same since!

4. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

logic board is going bad...video tape it and take it into the store

5. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

I'm having that exact same issue. Are you completely sure that the Logic Board is going nuts?

6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

7. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

:(. One month old MacBook. I'll have to wait like 5-6 month's until I go to U.S. to take it for repair.

8. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Why? The warranty is international, take it to whoever repairs Apple computers near you. Of course if no one does, sorry for the tough luck. :(

jW

9. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Unfortunately age has nothing to do with a bad part. I've seen bricks right out of the box, then there are computers like my 10 year old gateway that still run like they are brand new.

10. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

I hooked up an external monitor and everything worked fine in it. No red dots - they're only on my notebook. That means that....?

11. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Definitely sounds like a Logic Board issue.

However, please post in the Macbook forum.

12. tkepongo macrumors regular

tkepongo

That's what happened to my macbook. I sent it into warranty last wednesday but DHL lost it. So far, Apple have done nothing to get me my laptop back.

13. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

I'm so sorry. I hope to have better luck with mine. Keep us informed if you get the reason as why the red dots appeared, or confirming us that the Logic Board failed.

Edit: How did it go?

14. lee0539 macrumors newbie

I have this problem but it happens on my external monitor and not the macbook pro monitor. Could this be logic board or my monitor or the connection? I just bought a displayport adapter to see if its my DVI connection.

15. Zion21 macrumors newbie

Logic board most likely, maybe ram. Either way it is probably going to have to be sent in unfortunately. :([​IMG]

16. blueprint1983 macrumors 6502

I have this issue too:

-I had it before and after I upgraded the stock 4 gig apple ram to 8 gigs crucial ram.
    -I have sent it and received it from Apple and still have the issue - they have already replaced the logic board and display.

-I am not happy.