Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mperreault

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2006
My 2 month old MacBook has started to get Red Dots appearing all over the screen... They come and go, They're in no particular place and sometimes they're worse than others...

Check out the picture of Moss from the IT Crowd I snapped (below)... It's always annoying but it has made editing pictures almost impossible...

I don't think this is a stuck pixel issue because they're not always in the same place and they move...

278505718_70cff9966b.jpg

See how the red pixels run down Moss' face where it meets his hair... As the video moves the line will stay in more or less the same spot on his face...

I don't get it... Has anyone ever seen this before?
:mad:

Ste-Vizzle

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2008
Fayetteville, NC
i have the SAME issue! I NEED SOMEONE TO HELP ME WITH FIXING IT! i cannot play any of my video games without huge red/blue/green pixels flailing about my screen! They are never in one certain spot, they move about. i don't know why they do it! Someone Help me! the dots started coming up ever since i downloaded a demo of a video game and they have not been the same since!

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
:(. One month old MacBook. I'll have to wait like 5-6 month's until I go to U.S. to take it for repair.

Why? The warranty is international, take it to whoever repairs Apple computers near you. Of course if no one does, sorry for the tough luck. :(

jW

Samarium

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2008
@ home.
I hooked up an external monitor and everything worked fine in it. No red dots - they're only on my notebook. That means that....?

Samarium

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2008
@ home.
I sent it into warranty last wednesday but DHL lost it. So far, Apple have done nothing to get me my laptop back.

I'm so sorry. I hope to have better luck with mine. Keep us informed if you get the reason as why the red dots appeared, or confirming us that the Logic Board failed.

Edit: How did it go?

lee0539

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2009
I have this problem but it happens on my external monitor and not the macbook pro monitor. Could this be logic board or my monitor or the connection? I just bought a displayport adapter to see if its my DVI connection.

Zion21

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2009
Logic board most likely, maybe ram. Either way it is probably going to have to be sent in unfortunately. :(
19.gif

blueprint1983

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2007
Missouri
I have this issue too:

-I had it before and after I upgraded the stock 4 gig apple ram to 8 gigs crucial ram.
-I have sent it and received it from Apple and still have the issue - they have already replaced the logic board and display.

-I am not happy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.