Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shoulin333

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
California
Well after playing with my new MBA... i love this thing!!!

i know all the reports said that the mono speaker sucked.. but really it sounds great! even with music! I agree there there is a little bit less bass than on the macbook, but it isnt like it is all crackled, or crappy sounding. Very very clear sound.

Anyways, with all the bad reviews out there, i just wanted to let everyone know that you shouldn't let the mono speaker scare you away, it is plenty good to listen to music.

Tosser

macrumors 68030
Jan 15, 2008
Well after playing with my new MBA... i love this thing!!!

i know all the reports said that the mono speaker sucked.. but really it sounds great! even with music! I agree there there is a little bit less bass than on the macbook, but it isnt like it is all crackled, or crappy sounding. Very very clear sound.

Anyways, with all the bad reviews out there, i just wanted to let everyone know that you shouldn't let the mono speaker scare you away, it is plenty good to listen to music.

There's bass in the MacBook? :confused:
LOL, just kidding – The MBP, even though it's much better at this, it's still a laptop = crappy sound.

I get better sound plugging my headphones in, crank the volume and put them on the table. Okay, it's HD25-1s, RS1s, and PS1s, but still.

I'm really not surprised you're getting almost the same "quality" as the MBs two speakers. The only ones who thinks audio quality depends on the number of channels are the same people listening to a music cd (i.e. stereo=two-track) on 7.1 set-ups.

PDE

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2005
I agree, not bad and definitely ok for everyday, casual stuff. The only mac laptop that has decent speakers is the 17" MBP. The others are pretty crappy and you need earphones for high quality anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.