Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monkeybagel

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
United States
For what it's worth - my newly acquired MBA has not exhibited these symptoms. Even with the out of box 10.7.0 it has never had any trouble connecting to Wi-Fi. It has since been updated to 10.7.2 and still works fine.

vap

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2012
select wifi every time solved

Like everyone else I have been living with this annoying WiFi problem on the MBA. It would never ever re-connect to my WiFi. I would waste time re-connecting etc. Sometimes the WiFi indicator would have the "!" mark to indicate no internet connection which was bs.

So after numerous Genius bar appts (one yesterday 10/22) they still deny the problem. For some reason the Apple Wifi re connects in the store which is weird, thats the only re-connect I ever get with the MBA.

As usual, the so called "Genius" in Cerritos said to re-install Lion which is crap because I had another problem last summer with 100% battery/cpu utilization, they said to re-install Lion then as well. Turned out it was a problem with the Parallels icon in the task tray.

So I solved the WiFo problem myself. Turned off blue tooth.
Now it re-connects every time like it should.

APPLE THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE WIFI - BLUETOOTH RADIO IN THE MBA. Denying the problem and making Customers suffer through a Lion re-install is not acceptable. That solution may not even work.

I had also done all of the other suggestions - trash pref lists, remove the sys config etc etc.

One note - when I booted with my external Snow Leopard drive the WiFi problem disappeared.

Lion sucks i may just go back to SL.

Thanks for the tip.
Turned bluetooth off and no problems now.
I also had several appts at the genius bar and worked while I was there and as soon I got home the problem returned.
I tried several fixes I found on the internet but none worked.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
I'll have to try the turn off the BT thing. My MBP has had this problem for a couple of years. They even replaced the wifi card and it is still having issues.

I'm not using that computer now, so i i care less - but it does drive my daughter crazy! :cool:

alex-iatan

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2012
What happening when somebody use a Bluetooth mouse. Does the solution with Bluetooth off still working. I doubt!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.