Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djkny

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2003
Do you guys honestly belive that a 12 inch computer can be considered a professional computer?

:confused:

Define professional. Everybody calls themselves one in the "media arts" field so, with that varying range, yes, the 12" would suit just fine.

Gosh

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2006
Can't see it happening myself!

A smaller pro laptop might be a 13" blackmacbook with a graphics card.

If an aluminium 12" MBP does happen it's spec won't be much different than the above anyway - only so many boards and ports you can have in that size!

Tablet? Just can't see that above 8" - just need to have a portability advantage over 12/13" laptop to take off.

Widescreen video iPod is most likely candidate to double as a PDA - a Newton 2 with OS-X lite and phone capability.

My guesses!

mrmma

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2006
Missouri
Do you guys honestly belive that a 12 inch computer can be considered a professional computer?

:confused:

For coding/testing code I could use something with a bit more oomph than the macbook. The specs listed would give me that. When I need screen real estate I work on my workstation, but when I don't I'd rather tuck a small computer in my bag and work from wherever. I've had a 15"er for 5 years and it's time to downsize. Running full versions of my code on a 12" computer would rock.

a456

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2005
I don't understand the emphatuation with the 12" notebooks... it is only 1.3" difference from what is currently available...

It's aluminium pro status but in an easy to fit in your rucksack size. The old PowerBooks still trump the MacBook when you pull them out.

iW00t

macrumors 68040
Nov 7, 2006
Defenders of Apple Guild
My impression is the "Rev. A" thing mostly holds for the laptops, not so much for the desktops.

The Mac Pro is pretty solid... same with the Mac Mini, iMac has some minor quirks, but that's pretty much spot on. For desktops it is mostly problem free, (the iMac is a wannabe laptop so it follows as well)

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I don't understand the emphatuation with the 12" notebooks... it is only 1.3" difference from what is currently available...

Now I'm down with the idea for an ultraportable but it seems like you would need to go to 11" or so to make it worth the difference.

You're definitely right about the last bit. If people are going this crazy over the extra 1.2" of the MacBook over the 12.1" PowerBook, then you guys need to get out more. There are 10.6" screens on laptops (don't quote me on the .6 part of that number, but I think that's the one), and if Apple is going to make an ultraportable, I'd imagine that they'd go all the way and actually make one that IS ultraportable, not just a slightly smaller laptop.

<snips the craziness>

the 2.33 is a bit much for such a small enclosure isn't it?

8 hours? A bit optimistic I think.

Though the others are bit more down to earth.

That last bit cracked me up. :p :D

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
If the Apple Phone is for Cingular, I'd rather take anything but the Apple Phone, as in I would rather see a different product released.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.