Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Planner Dude

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 31, 2006
Is anyone using the Express Card on the Mac Book Pro?

What are you using it for?

Can you create a fire wire 800 connection with it?

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
I was thinking of buying a xD memory card adapter to plug into my expresscard slot (darn fuji and their proprietary selves).. it's about the only thing I'd use, anyways. there are countless adapters out there, though. firewire 800 is one of them.. I've also heard of some people using it to do eSata with external hard drives.

do a search for a couple of ports that you wish your MBP had, and I bet you'll be able to turn your expresscard into it!

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
I have a Belkin media adapter (SD, XD, etc.), and also a Delkin Compact Flash adapter. I plan on leaving the Belkin installed most of the time, as it fits flush in with the MBP case. I have a SD PC card doing the same in my PBG4's slot, so I'll have same funtionality when switching to the ExpressCard/34.

Got the Belkin at Fry's, about $35. The CF adapter purchased from B&H Photo, around $70.

Haven't been able to try them, yet, as I'm among the "patient" awaiting a 17" MBP C2D.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.