Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tiger$tyle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2018
London
Hey all,

I think I know the answer to this – but is there a MBP with 4 Thunderbolt 3 ports, but *without* the touch bar?

I need Thunderbolt 3 for work – and I need all three ports. But as a power user, hate the Touch Bar. It's beyond pointless.

You all know this – any solution that needs your eyes on the keyboard when you're used to shortcuts without looking down is a huge step backwards.

I can adjust Brightness, key lights, volume, etc etc without looking on the standard keyboard. The Touch Bar is... well, it sucks.

Luckily, I'll mainly be using the computer - 15" if it exists, 16" if not – with an external keyboard, so I don't have to worry too much

Thanks!

Maconplasma

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2020
Hey all,

I think I know the answer to this – but is there a MBP with 4 Thunderbolt 3 ports, but *without* the touch bar?

I need Thunderbolt 3 for work – and I need all three ports. But as a power user, hate the Touch Bar. It's beyond pointless.

You all know this – any solution that needs your eyes on the keyboard when you're used to shortcuts without looking down is a huge step backwards.

I can adjust Brightness, key lights, volume, etc etc without looking on the standard keyboard. The Touch Bar is... well, it sucks.

Luckily, I'll mainly be using the computer - 15" if it exists, 16" if not – with an external keyboard, so I don't have to worry too much

Thanks!
Thank you for stating YOUR opinions about the Touch Bar. Not all of us agree with you. I'm a power user and need it. Just because you hate it doesn't mean other power users share your same feelings or needs. And the answer to your question is no.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.