Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JazzMan10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2006
I just installed another 1gb of crucial RAM into my mbp and now i swear it has the stupid inverter whine along with the original cpu whine. The inverter whine is much higher pitched than the CPU and seems to decrease with screen bightness. Not cool.

otherjobs

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2011
I just installed another 1gb of crucial RAM into my mbp and now i swear it has the stupid inverter whine along with the original cpu whine. The inverter whine is much higher pitched than the CPU and seems to decrease with screen bightness. Not cool.

It seems that you have bad RAM; you should return it back to the manufacturer.
I advice you to get 4 GB OWC - it is my favorite brand, cheap and reliable.
Don't get OCZ - shady company, don't respect its' customers,
their RAM and SSDs are total crap.

mulo

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2010
Behind you
Don't get OCZ - shady company, don't respect its' customers,
their RAM and SSDs are total crap.

most would disagree strongly.

about the ram there are loads of cheap deals to be had out there. newegg has lots of good deals, there are some on ebay too.

otherjobs

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2011
most would disagree strongly.

about the ram there are loads of cheap deals to be had out there. newegg has lots of good deals, there are some on ebay too.

Did you heard that OCZ has screwed their customers again with so-called "new manufacturing process" (transition to 25nm) ?
I have bought their SSD, and they didn't want to take it back because of manufacturing defect! I lost a few hundred bucks :mad:, that is why I will not buy OCZ again.

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
Did you heard that OCZ has screwed their customers again with so-called "new manufacturing process" (transition to 25nm) ?
I have bought their SSD, and they didn't want to take it back because of manufacturing defect! I lost a few hundred bucks :mad:, that is why I will not buy OCZ again.

What the hell does this have to do with buying RAM from Newegg? SSD's vs Ram are totally different and no one even stated anything about buying OCZ specifically. Seriously....

otherjobs

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2011
What the hell does this have to do with buying RAM from Newegg? SSD's vs Ram are totally different and no one even stated anything about buying OCZ specifically. Seriously....

I just warned the OP not to buy a RAM from a company that is screwing its customers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.