MBP RAM Upgrade created the inverter whine!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JazzMan10, Aug 28, 2006.

1. JazzMan10 macrumors newbie

May 29, 2006
    I just installed another 1gb of crucial RAM into my mbp and now i swear it has the stupid inverter whine along with the original cpu whine. The inverter whine is much higher pitched than the CPU and seems to decrease with screen bightness. Not cool.
  2. Pressure macrumors 68040

May 30, 2006
    Try and remove it again and see what happens.
  3. otherjobs macrumors member

Apr 16, 2011
    It seems that you have bad RAM; you should return it back to the manufacturer.
    I advice you to get 4 GB OWC - it is my favorite brand, cheap and reliable.
    Don't get OCZ - shady company, don't respect its' customers,
    their RAM and SSDs are total crap.
  4. mulo macrumors 68020

Aug 22, 2010
    Behind you
    most would disagree strongly.

about the ram there are loads of cheap deals to be had out there. newegg has lots of good deals, there are some on ebay too.
  5. otherjobs macrumors member

Apr 16, 2011
    Did you heard that OCZ has screwed their customers again with so-called "new manufacturing process" (transition to 25nm) ?
    I have bought their SSD, and they didn't want to take it back because of manufacturing defect! I lost a few hundred bucks :mad:, that is why I will not buy OCZ again.
  6. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Dec 17, 2009
    What the hell does this have to do with buying RAM from Newegg? SSD's vs Ram are totally different and no one even stated anything about buying OCZ specifically. Seriously....
  7. otherjobs macrumors member

Apr 16, 2011
    I just warned the OP not to buy a RAM from a company that is screwing its customers.