Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you like a MacRumors iPhone App?

• Yes, that would be great!

Votes: 130 82.8%
  • No, what's the point/I like mobile Safari better

Votes: 27 17.2%

• Total voters

edk1511

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2009
Any update on this??? Is there an estimated release date yet??
I'm really looking forward to this coming out.

usasalazar

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2006
Mac Rumors iPhone App

What would you like to see in a Mac Rumors iPhone app?

Should Arn even develop one?

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Are u basically just waiting for 4.0 at this point?

Sounds like someone is waiting for version 1337.0 until the release. But by then it needs a new update...

Actually, sounds quite like the supposedly thing that happened with the original Facebook idea.

Saladinos

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Actually, I'm waiting for contact from the staff. I've been PMing arn, but never hear anything back.

ALEXIIT

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2010
MacRumors iPhone App

Hey guys. I've just started on a really basic iphone app for Macrumors. So far it includes; 3 tabs: News (Main Page), Forums, and about, all the mobile versions. The app also has basic navigation bars at the top.

Is their any features in particular you guys would like to see in the app?

Thanks,
Alexiit

Also: Is their actually any demand for an app like this?

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
Surely there's no need for one?

Just go to Safari, load MacRumors home page and then "Add to home screen" and the jobs done! :)

pixelated

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2008

Just go to Safari, load MacRumors home page and then "Add to home screen" and the jobs done! :)
:confused:
well if your not happy with the web-format on the iphone then there would be a need, or want, for one.

I would like to see some sort of quick-reply feature, so when replying, a whole new page doesn't need to be loaded.

ALEXIIT

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2010
Post fail, that thread is someone askin a dev to make a app this guy is making an app and asking what people want in the app

Haha yeah. But guys I cant really think of a way that i'd be able to add a quick reply feature?

Siriosys

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2007
New Zealand

LOL............Go tell that to Facebook, TUAW, Engadget and all the various Wikipedia Apps that are out there. They actually do a stirling job of reformatting web pages and in many cases, add functionality that's not available on the website or that doesn't lend itself to a different medium.

Allowing for Offline content
Setting site favourite links
Embedded Search
Sending Articles or links to email addys
Saving Articles for offline viewing

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Post fail, that thread is someone askin a dev to make a app this guy is making an app and asking what people want in the app

Did you read the thread? It also links to others threads discussing the same topic.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
This could be very useful if done right. The thing is, though, that a client that simply renders the macrumors pages as they would be rendered in Safari won't cut it. A good client needs to strip the formatting and present the posts in a way that feels iPhone-native.

purpureleaf

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2010
:confused:
guys what features are you looking for?
Isn't there a mobile version of macrumors?
For me I would like a simple UI to read forum post, and maybe editing.
I don't need other fancy vbulletin features on a tiny iphone screen:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.