Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dave00

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
Pittsburgh
Ok, so I have two videos of the same event. I would like to create a video where the audio is constant but I splice in the video from different sources. (Alternate between videos.) I have Final Cut Express and iDVD 4. It would seem that the easiest way to do this would be to lay down two tracks with audio+video, mute one of the videos, and then delete the audio portions from the angle I didn't want to show at that particular time. However, I don't think iDVD will let me do this and I can't seem to figure out how to make FCE do it either. Any advice?

Dave

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Target only the video track and do an insert edit. It is possible to do in FCE.

Dave00

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
Pittsburgh
Lacero said:
Target only the video track and do an insert edit. It is possible to do in FCE.
Great, thanks! Do you happen to know what menu the insert edit resides in? I'm still learning to use FCE, iDVD I know pretty well.

Dave

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I'm not sure, but in FCP you can place the video/audio pairs in the sequence and then unlink them - so that they become separate pieces. I do it all the time and I'd be surprised you'd not have the same ability in FCE.

D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.