Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrsebsin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2021
I've got Messages on my iPhone and Mac setup as usual with Messages in iCloud turned on, etc. Just to add, in the past when any issues come up I logged out everywhere, logged back in and that usually solved the issue. Not this time.

Text messages only sync when they're from a phone number (ie: 1-987-654-3210). However, all business notifications that are 5-6 digit (ie: 654321 or 54321) will not mark as read on iPhone when viewed on my Mac.

I made a quick Video to show what I mean.

I'm using an iPhone 13 Mini with iOS 17.4 and a MacBook Air M2 with macOS 14.4.1.

Last edited:

donawalt

Contributor
Sep 10, 2015
@mrsebsin Did you ever figure this out? I just got a business text from Apple - a shipment notice. I received it on my iPhone and iPad, but not on 2 Macs set up for forwarding from my iPhone. Also, all are using iCloud for Messages. I have verified all the settings are still correct.

donawalt

Contributor
Sep 10, 2015
I just found this on support - which is unclear. The first sentence indicates that it can only be used on iOS-type devices. But the second sentence says you can respond from a Mac. How do you do that if the message is not there?
---
It said:
You need an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to use Messages for Business. You can also respond to your conversations with your Apple Watch or Mac.

mrsebsin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2021
@donawalt never got it figured out. Yes to iCloud messages, I also did all the usual trouble shooting (logging in/out from all devices, etc). I also reached out to Apple support and they had no answers. Though the gentleman did say it was noted on some internal doc that they are working on an issue where "some devices may not receive or properly sync some messages" or something like that.

A side note, I have two iPhones (personal, work) and the 13 Mini has the issue while the 14 syncs just fine with the Mac. Seems unlikely but maybe a hardware issue?

donawalt

Contributor
Sep 10, 2015
@mrsebsin I have an iPhone 15 and iPad Pro 201 that are fine, a M3 MacBook Pro and an M2 MacBook Pro that never got the message despite all the same troubleshooting. Seems it just does not support going to Macs?

donawalt

Contributor
Sep 10, 2015
In general for Messages? No problems. But the iPad does have the Apple business message, the Macs do not.

Reactions: mrsebsin
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.