Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ggab

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
My wife and I are both on the beta. A few betas ago my iMessage conversation with my wife started saying that she has notifications silenced but she doesn’t. She also receives the texts just fine. Any idea how to fix that? I hoped it would disappear with the RC but it didn’t. I submitted feedback in the Feedback app.

meanbits

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2021
Deleting the default Personal and Work focuses fixed the issue for me on iOS 15.0.1.

purdnost

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2018
A family member of mine (on iOS 15.0.1) is also having this issue. Turned on DND, and back off, and also hard and soft resets. Still says notifications are silenced. ??‍♂️ Hope Apple fixes this with the next OS updates.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
This drove me crazy but I figured it out. If you have Share across device activated and another device (e.g. iPad) has DND activated, this message will appear on all devices. Deactivating Share across devices will deactivate the share focus status in messages.

This is in iMessage under the contact:
1635110421961.png

And this is in Focus settings:

1635110455340.png

black_majik9

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2021
Canada
This drove me crazy but I figured it out. If you have Share across device activated and another device (e.g. iPad) has DND activated, this message will appear on all devices. Deactivating Share across devices will deactivate the share focus status in messages.
This is in iMessage under the contact:
View attachment 1877012

And this is in Focus settings:

View attachment 1877014
Tried this with my watch and upgraded all iOS to no avail. BUT I did realize it’s only showing for my favourites who I previously had “share status” enabled for. It’s like the unshare just isn’t registering

Reactions: nita460

nita460

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2009

Tried this with my watch and upgraded all iOS to no avail. BUT I did realize it’s only showing for my favourites who I previously had “share status” enabled for. It’s like the unshare just isn’t registering
This worked for me. Thanks so much.

Miada74

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2021
Try changing your privacy settings, settings/privacy/focus and turn on shared with messages. I was ready to crush my phone, this worked.

black_majik9

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2021
Canada
I tired this as well ?

It’s ONLY showing for like 3 ppl (who are in my favourites) but I’ve turned off everything related to focus states.

I might be dumb or something so if someone feels like giving an explicit step by step I’ll be super grateful ???

nickwhite

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2022
My wife and I are both on the beta. A few betas ago my iMessage conversation with my wife started saying that she has notifications silenced but she doesn’t. She also receives the texts just fine. Any idea how to fix that? I hoped it would disappear with the RC but it didn’t. I submitted feedback in the Feedback app.
July 2022 & this problem still exists. After a few hours of googling and trying all kinds of debugging, I finally figured it out. My iPhone always showed my wife as having notifications silenced. What fixed it was in her phone, go to Focus >> Do Not Disturb > Settings. I added myself into the Allowed Notifications People - and the Notifications Silenced message WENT OFF! Ok, cool, so now I removed myself from the list, toggled it off & on a few times, and it now seems to be working right. iPhone 13 Pro, IOS 15.5.

Reactions: fp99

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
May 29, 2007
Oh, great, this problem reared it’s ugly head on me in the last week, and I can’t get it turned off. Now several people say they get a message saying I have Notifications Silenced when I really don’t. It’s not every iOS user of my contacts either. Just some. What a F.U. Mess! I also don’t use Focus and never have, mostly because I’ve learned that often enough Apple’s fancy-pants clever innovations don’t work correctly and end up being more trouble than worth. Now I have to waste time on this BS. Ugh.

eversincehannah

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2023
this is still happening to me with my girlfriend and it’s 2023 🙃 her shared focus status is off too so it shouldn’t even be showing up

mef

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2010
this happened to me and nothing in this thread helped. the issue was that in Settings -> Messages under ALLOW MESSAGES TO ACCESS, "Focus" was turned off. She turned this on and the "notifications silenced" message disappeared.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.