Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Menopause

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2011
Menopause is well on his/her ...

but seriously, a lot of software that comes out of MS is good software. Including Windows.

Hahaha funny joke. That, or you have exceptionally low standards of acceptance of quality when you call Windows 'good software'.

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
Hahaha funny joke. That, or you have exceptionally low standards of acceptance of quality when you call Windows 'good software'.

As an iOS and Mac developer as well as a Windows developer, I disagree with you.

My standards are quite high.

shamino

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2004
Purcellville, VA
It's anybody's guess what that photo actually is, but I'd like to point out that there's no reason both MS and The Daily can't both be right.

According to the article:
A Microsoft spokesperson said the screen shot accompanying The Daily’s story is not a real picture of a Microsoft software product.

They did not say the picture is a forgery, nor did they say it was not of Microsoft software. They said it is not a picture of a Microsoft software product. That's absolutely correct. Software is not a product until you release it for sale. Since it's not shipping, it's not a product, even if the software is an actual project within Microsoft.

coder12

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2010
Hey, I just passed Computer Science for Engineers with my iPad. Tell me what features you're looking for, I'll try and help you out, sans office suite.

Thanks, I already passed the class (it was ridiculous) last semester though :(

linux2mac

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2009
"City of Lakes", MN
Shhhhh!! Don't tell LTD that. Imagine what would happen if it were common knowledge that there would be no iCloud without Microsoft? :D

Really...? No iCloud without Ballmer & Co's reliable systems? Shhhh!!!! Don't tell everyone but iCloud was still running on February 26. :D

Microsoft Azure Falls Down, Goes Boom
http://gigaom.com/cloud/microsoft-azure-falls-down-goes-boom/

"That news comes as Microsoft is trying to pitch two-year-old Azure as a safe and reliable platform for consumer and business applications."

I am sure Steve's plan before his passing was to invest billions into his data centers and then leave his investment in the hands of the ever secure and robust systems of Microsoft. :rolleyes:

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
Really...? No iCloud without Ballmer & Co's reliable systems? Shhhh!!!! Don't tell everyone but iCloud was still running on February 26. :D

Microsoft Azure Falls Down, Goes Boom
http://gigaom.com/cloud/microsoft-azure-falls-down-goes-boom/

"That news comes as Microsoft is trying to pitch two-year-old Azure as a safe and reliable platform for consumer and business applications."

I am sure Steve's plan before his passing was to invest billions into his data centers and then leave his investment in the hands of the ever secure and robust systems of Microsoft. :rolleyes:

It only went down in certain areas. Perhaps iCloud wasn't affected? Of course iCloud has had problems on other occasions too, perhaps due to Azure?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.