Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marvz

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin
Their point is BS! iOS can run full Office, there's nothing relevant that Intel cores can do, that ARM CPU's can't, and there's nothing that Microsoft Office can do, that iOS can't!
But you misunderstood their point. In what way it's a good point or not is another discussion.

ritsard

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
I am currently thinking about moving to OneNote. I currently have Office365. It seems a waste to pay for an extra subscription to keep Evernote, but I have not yet decided.

nightcap965

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
Cape Cod
I have now tried three times to import my Evernote files to OneNote. It doesn't matter if the OneNote Importer is foreground window and virtually nothing else is running on my 2014 MacBook Pro with 16 GB of memory - the OneNote Importer crashes each and every time. Sorry, Microsoft, but this tool clearly isn't ready for prime time.

sfwalter

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Dallas Texas
Hm Im really thinking about switching to OneNote. Only thing that's bothering me is the web clipping capabilities of OneNote... Last I tried them it wasn't comparable to Evernote. Any experiences from "recently-switchers"?
I've recently switched. Evernotes clipper is still better but it's very usable. I wouldn't stay on Evernote just for the clipper.

Reactions: marvz

saudade

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2015
Microsoft can import my ass.

For what!? To make me an hostage of their platforms?

Like they said in their ad "the iPad doesn't run the full Office, but only the App version".

That's another way of saying "if you want to use your Word and Excel documents, you need to keep buying Windows PCs and paying us a subscription for Office".

Dont like it dont use it dud
I bought it i dont care money anymore

batchtaster

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2008
My company won't allow OneNote for Macs because you can only save the files on Microsoft's OneDrive cloud service. As far as my company is concerned, it's an insecure storage mechanism.
Then they don't allow Evernote either, making it a non-issue for you.

netwalker

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2007
Just deleted my Evernote account and moved everthing to Together (which I already had). Together also has an Evernote importer.

cylack

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2006
Orlando, FL
Wow they really jacked up the prices! I subscribed to Evernote Premium via the Mac Appstore for $44.99 a year. They now charge $69.99 yearly for Premium (10GB monthly uploads) and have a new Plus tier at $34.99 (1 GB monthly). I just checked to see the status of my subscription. It seems that I am grandfathered in at $44.99 yearly.

This reeks of them hiring MBA consultants to “maximize revenue” and of course they came up with the age old bundling ploy to extract more revenue out of customers. I will certainly not be paying $69.99 a year if it ever comes to that.

Why can’t Apple make a competing product? I already pay for the 200GB tier on iCloud; if they made a comparable product I would be set. I do not want my notes to be held hostage by Evernote or Microsoft. Evernote realized that once they have customers so reliant on their product, they are basically hostages to price increases.

nightcap965

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
Cape Cod
Wow they really jacked up the prices! I subscribed to Evernote Premium via the Mac Appstore for $44.99 a year. They now charge $69.99 yearly for Premium (10GB monthly uploads) and have a new Plus tier at $34.99 (1 GB monthly). I just checked to see the status of my subscription. It seems that I am grandfathered in at $44.99 yearly.

This reeks of them hiring MBA consultants to “maximize revenue” and of course they came up with the age old bundling ploy to extract more revenue out of customers. I will certainly not be paying $69.99 a year if it ever comes to that.

Why can’t Apple make a competing product? I already pay for the 200GB tier on iCloud; if they made a comparable product I would be set. I do not want my notes to be held hostage by Evernote or Microsoft. Evernote realized that once they have customers so reliant on their product, they are basically hostages to price increases.

You're not grandfathered in; your next renewal will be at a higher rate.

Apple has an Evernote wannabe: Notes. I've had entirely too many problems with it - it doesn't seem to scale.

Reactions: B60boy

cylack

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2006
Orlando, FL
Apple should buyout Evernote and bundle it with OS Sierra and rename it “Notes” becaue the current version of Notes is strictly for casual/hobby/amateur use.

Reactions: macgabe
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.