Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikefla

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2011
No surprise here! 41MP camera, what are you going to do with that, take high res pictures of the moon? Concentrate instead on the crapy OS. Hint M$, hire developers in the US just maybe they will be able to turn your crapy OS around.

-Mike

Psyko

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2013
I'm a bit concerned about image size with 41Mp though. Feels like 8MP chew up a good 3MB/picture already :/

Member2010

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2013

You do know whet ever it is your smoking to make you come up with that has been proven to kill brain cells right?

Haw haw that was so hilarious the first dozen times too :p. You'd think we're living in last decade...

Am I the only one that thinks this is a bloody awful idea

It's a cell phone, not an open wound...

If you hate Microsoft, fine, but don't post something that is so wrong.

That wasn't my goal. I was merely trying to point out that Microsoft's whole mobile thing is just a poor copy. Nothing wrong with taking inspiration from something, but when you do it so poorly... and I'm not a "Microsoft hater" either. I've used Windows and Windows Mobile all my life (up until they quit the real windows mobile and started their "7 series" crap) and been quite satisfied up until recently when they started on the visual abominations they call "art" that are Mobile 7/8 Series and "Windows 8".

The only mobile entity copying anyone is Google!

On the other hand, Google may have taken a lot of inspiration from IOS too, but judging by the marketshare and the fact that it is useful, pretty, and versatile, I'd say that they succeeded.

::

duffman9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2003
Deep in the Depths of CA
That wasn't my goal. I was merely trying to point out that Microsoft's whole mobile thing is just a poor copy. Nothing wrong with taking inspiration from something, but when you do it so poorly... and I'm not a "Microsoft hater" either. I've used Windows and Windows Mobile all my life (up until they quit the real windows mobile and started their "7 series" crap) and been quite satisfied up until recently when they started on the visual abominations they call "art" that are Mobile 7/8 Series and "Windows 8".

You must be the last person who is satisfied with Windows Mobile. The rest of the world moved on to modern touch operating systems. HINT: MS blew up Windows Mobile for a reason.

To say that MS's current mobile OS is poor copy of iOS just because some ideas where copied (never mind the patent agreements between Apple and MS) is like saying iOS is a poor copy of Android just because iOS copied ideas from Android.

Windows Phone 8 is so unlike iOS that it takes getting used to. I don't own one, but I do appreciate the speed. Even on non-high end hardware the OS is fast.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
You wouldn't see Apple doing this...

...and if they did, the assumption would be "what on earth.."

Renzatic

Suspended
If Apple did it, it'd have to pass through the three stages of the "Apple's Doing Something Different With Their Stuff" scenario, which usually goes something like...

Stage 1: What is Apple thinking? Tim Cook is an idiot, and this is destined to fail. It's like cheap PC crap. All numbers, no quality.

Stage 2: Wow, this is great! I'd never imagine such clear, crisp pictures coming out of a phone camera. Now watch everyone else copy them with their own cheap rip offs. Why is Apple the only one that innovates?

Stage 3: Apple invented megapixels.

Cod3rror

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2010
You wouldn't see Apple doing this...

...and if they did, the assumption would be "what on earth.."

Apple and all the others will eventually have to do this. As megapixel sizes keep on increasing and increasing, they'll have to employ an oversampling technology.

Current phones are already at 13MP, with 5S rumoured to have 13MP too, Sony is coming out with a 20MP camera, it won't be long before they reach 40MP.

Evnor

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2011
According to many posters in this thread, Nokia has managed to put too good camera in smartphone. Advancements in technology seems to confuse many users here at macrumors, especially if it´s done by any other company than Apple.

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
If Apple did it, it'd have to pass through the three stages of the "Apple's Doing Something Different With Their Stuff" scenario, which usually goes something like...

Stage 1: What is Apple thinking? Tim Cook is an idiot, and this is destined to fail. It's like cheap PC crap. All numbers, no quality.

Stage 2: Wow, this is great! I'd never imagine such clear, crisp pictures coming out of a phone camera. Now watch everyone else copy them with their own cheap rip offs. Why is Apple the only one that innovates?

you win yet another thread

duffman9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2003
Deep in the Depths of CA

+ Stage 4: In a super thin package!!!

Member2010

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2013
phone

To say that MS's current mobile OS is poor copy of iOS just because some ideas where copied (never mind the patent agreements between Apple and MS) is like saying iOS is a poor copy of Android just because iOS copied ideas from Android.

I wouldn't say so. Microsoft had a good product and then they were like, "hey, let's totally quit and make an iPhone clone so we can make our mobile division as successful as Apple's, even if it means totally abandoning our current userbase and going after iPhone users while on top of that giving the new product a similar name to the old one so that maybe gullible customers of the old product will be suckered into buying the inferior new one anyway".

Even on non-high end hardware the OS is fast.

You're right, but even my Nokia 6120's Nokia OS is fast on non high-end hardware. :rolleyes:

Windows Phone 8 is so unlike iOS that it takes getting used to

In some ways, the aOS found in the AirPhone 4 is so unlike iOS that it takes some getting used to as well...

ngbbs4dd090aa8d829.jpeg

...even though they may have taken some inspiration from iOS.

duffman9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2003
Deep in the Depths of CA
I wouldn't say so. Microsoft had a good product and then they were like, "hey, let's totally quit and make an iPhone clone so we can make our mobile division as successful as Apple's, even if it means totally abandoning our current userbase and going after iPhone users while on top of that giving the new product a similar name to the old one so that maybe gullible customers of the old product will be suckered into buying the inferior new one anyway".

Except MS didn't make an iPhone clone. Go ahead and keep telling yourself that.

You're right, but even my Nokia 6120's Nokia OS is fast on non high-end hardware. :rolleyes:

What a pathetic argument. :rolleyes:
Why not compare the original iPhone to that Nokia and see which phone was faster? :rolleyes:

In some ways, the aOS found in the AirPhone 4 is so unlike iOS that it takes some getting used to as well...

...even though they may have taken some inspiration from iOS.

What fool would confuse a Windows Phone with an iPhone?

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
No surprise here! 41MP camera, what are you going to do with that, take high res pictures of the moon?

Typical ignorant iOS fanboy speak. I take you haven't read the DPReview review of the 808.

I assume if the iPhone 5 had a 41 Mpixel camera, you'd state all cameras under 41 Mpixels are cr@ppy.

Member2010

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2013
iphone

This isn't apple bloody news!

I don't think a cameraphone is going to make apple bleed...

Except MS didn't make an iPhone clone. Go ahead and keep telling yourself that.

No need to get all grumbly pants. I don't have to tell anyone the obvious :)

What a pathetic argument. :rolleyes:

What a pathetic comeback :rolleyes:

Why not compare the original iPhone to that Nokia and see which phone was faster? :rolleyes:

Each in their own element. The iPhone had decent hardware for the time and ran its OS as well as could be expected. It was on par with the BlackBerry and (real) Windows Mobile of the time. The Nokia 6120's software performance was also on par with the hardware of the time, and today's Windows Mobile phone 7/8 series has about as much functionality as one, so it's like having a touchscreen 6120, in software, except perhaps with a serial cable, you could get more functionality in the form of actually using your own ringtones

What fool would confuse a Windows Phone with an iPhone?

I don't think there's as big of a "confusion" factor as much as a "poor copy-n-coverup-with-silly-colored-boxes-and-oversized-text" factor. :)

Thanks for your inquiries, and have a great day.

Elit3

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
You've been saying this, but have yet to offer up any proof to back up your statement. So tell me, how is WP 7/8 a cheap ripoff of iOS?

IT BLOODY ISN'T, he is an idiot. It is the mobile OS that is completely different to Apple/Android/Unbuntu/Firefox/BB10, if anything iOS is becoming the rip off now. IF ANYTHING, I am not saying they are.

duffman9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2003
Deep in the Depths of CA
Each in their own element. The iPhone had decent hardware for the time and ran its OS as well as could be expected. It was on par with the BlackBerry and (real) Windows Mobile of the time. The Nokia 6120's software performance was also on par with the hardware of the time, and today's Windows Mobile phone 7/8 series has about as much functionality as one, so it's like having a touchscreen 6120, in software, except perhaps with a serial cable, you could get more functionality in the form of actually using your own ringtones.

You're either blind, willfully ignorant, or trolling. :rolleyes:
Which one is it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.