Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bootz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 7, 2014
Hey guys,

My "G" key is malfunctioning. Whenever I press this key, the letter "I" appears. All other keys work as intended. I have tried doing an SMC reset and also have had success using a virtual and external keyboard, so unfortunately it appears to be a hardware issue.

Any suiiestions? I mean suggestions :(
[doublepost=1475009678][/doublepost]Problem solved! I was convinced it was a hardware issue after testing with an external keyboard, however it turns out I solved the problem by going to System Preferences > Keyboard > Modifier Keys > Restore Defaults. Why this worked I have no idea, but I'm not complaining!

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Hey guys,

My "G" key is malfunctioning. Whenever I press this key, the letter "I" appears. All other keys work as intended. I have tried doing an SMC reset and also have had success using a virtual and external keyboard, so unfortunately it appears to be a hardware issue.

Any suiiestions? I mean suggestions :(
[doublepost=1475009678][/doublepost]Problem solved! I was convinced it was a hardware issue after testing with an external keyboard, however it turns out I solved the problem by going to System Preferences > Keyboard > Modifier Keys > Restore Defaults. Why this worked I have no idea, but I'm not complaining!

One of your finger accidentally used a key combination change sometime in the past!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.