ML freeze problem when using Clam mode and sleep

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by keevill, Jul 28, 2012.

1. keevill macrumors member

Nov 7, 2010
    Here's my problem since upgrading ( not clean install ) on MBA 120HDD 4GB .
    I use my machine connected to an external monitor in Clam Mode with Magic Mouse and BT keyboard.
    When I sleep the machine and return after about 15 mins, the programs are frozen although the mouse and keyboard move.
    Opening the MBA , the screen remains black and the trackpad & keyboard are unresponsive.
    I have to hold the power button down for a few seconds and let the system boot up.
    Then it works.

Normally I do not do upgrades until a few months elapse for the bugs to be found but I decided to do it for the airplay mirroring and also for a 'bug' in iPhoto where the keyboard shortcut for batch rename no longer works but the upgrade to ML hasn't helped.

Any ideas pls before I roll back to 10.7xx.

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Oct 12, 2006
    Disconnecting the display has no effect on this "Freeze"?
  3. keevill thread starter macrumors member

Nov 7, 2010
    This, I have not tried, but, I will, and post back.
  4. keevill thread starter macrumors member

Nov 7, 2010
    I managed to achieve a 'freeze' when just working on the machine
    ( recovering from sleep worked just fine when trying to get to the problem ) and turning off the external monitor made no difference. The screen was just black.
    In this mode, I was unable to 'see' anything as the external monitor was disconnected and even though I suspect the Keyboard and Magic mouse would react to actions, the machine most likely , would not.

Now I notice another 'wrinkle' in ML. The reminders app opens but it is a deep blue colour merging into the blue screen background wallpaper.