Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeremz1ne

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
Reno,Nv
I have it, but also get it for free. I'm a Cubs fan living in Milwaukee, so when the Cubs are here, I have to watch the Brewers broadcast on regular TV, or wait until the next day. On MLB.tv, you can choose which team's broadcast crew you want to watch. I really like the game recaps, two versions: one shows the at bats for each team in the first, then scoring highlights or "top plays" in the rest of the game, and the shorter one (usually about 3 minutes) omits the first inning if there was no scoring, etc.

Value is a personal thing. I'm used to having it, so if I had to pay for it, I'd probably do it.
i have T Mobile but i cant seem to figure out how to get it free... i should call them and figure it out, kinda sick of streaming sites that i normally goto...

TechRunner

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2016
SW Florida, US
i have T Mobile but i cant seem to figure out how to get it free... i should call them and figure it out, kinda sick of streaming sites that i normally goto...
If you sign up for the T-Life app on your phone, they send you various special deals on Tuesdays. One of them is an annual subscription for MLBtv, but it has a very short sign-up window, like a week. I think it has already passed.

Edit: It was from March 26th to April 2nd, if I remember correctly.

Reactions: jeremz1ne

jeremz1ne

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
Reno,Nv
If you sign up for the T-Life app on your phone, they send you various special deals on Tuesdays. One of them is an annual subscription for MLBtv, but it has a very short sign-up window, like a week. I think it has already passed.

Edit: It was from March 26th to April 2nd, if I remember correctly.
Crappy lol i might just buy it for the 150, anyways thank you for the info everyone

jeremz1ne

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
Reno,Nv
I think Willie Mays was liked 0-24 when he was first called up. Not the same as a veteran in a slump, but there are always streaks for a hitter, good and bad.
he'll be in the DL soon enough and we wont see him again this year, he's already said baseball isn't important too him

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2011
A's will be in Sacramento for the 25-27 seasons. Then on to their new traffic mess, I mean stadium, in 2028.

Reactions: jeremz1ne

jeremz1ne

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
Reno,Nv
I stopped watching baseball years ago when they moved it from over the air TV to cable.

Unfortunately, football is heading the same direction.
all about that mighty dollar.. with some of these contacts its the only way the things that annoys me about football is the Avg fan can't really go to games like they used too... i think Vegas ( Raiders ) game i went to for 1 ticket lower level in 2022 was 1,700 dollars pre ticket ( inserted photo of where i sat )
IMG_2263.jpeg

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2011
i will be at every Angels game Vs A's in Sac, its only a two hour drive over the mountain im AMPED for it....

I think it will be a great experience. Other than a few teams (Yankees, Dodgers, couple more), teams only need 60K stadiums for the playoffs. I think a nice 20K seat stadium creates a much more intimate atmosphere.

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
Both Spencer Strider and Shane Bieber going down with serious elbow injuries. Huge losses for the Braves and Guardians, respectively.

• Wow
Reactions: pachyderm

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
Anecdotally, I feel like elbow elbow injuries were already increasing before the pitch clock came into effect last season.

I'm really surprised there haven't been any studies that show what kind of throwing mechanics and pitches put more stress on the elbow. I remember reading an article breaking down Mark Prior's mechanics and why he blew his elbow out, but that was a long time ago now.

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2011
Anecdotally, I feel like elbow elbow injuries were already increasing before the pitch clock came into effect last season.

I think it is a combination of factors and the pitch clock isn't one of them.

First, is the "one sport" mentality so pervasive in today's parents and coaches. If a kid shows any aptitude for a sport, that becomes the only sport they play. So instead of pitching for 2 months of baseball season and then spending the next 10 months doing something else, they spend 12 months pitching. This will wear your arm out.

Second, these kids are taught to throw it as hard as they can every pitch. No easing up. They are already bigger and stronger which puts more stress on their arms.

Third, spin rate. Every pitch needs to have maximum spin rate which also kills your arm.

Look at some of the old-timer's stats. Bob Gibson, Nolan Ryan, Greg Maddux, Randy Johnson. These guess weren't pulled after 4 innings so the setup man of the setup man of the setup man of the closer can come in. They pitched well into the 7 or 8th innings or threw complete games.

Not the pitch clock.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
I think it is a combination of factors and the pitch clock isn't one of them.

First, is the "one sport" mentality so pervasive in today's parents and coaches. If a kid shows any aptitude for a sport, that becomes the only sport they play. So instead of pitching for 2 months of baseball season and then spending the next 10 months doing something else, they spend 12 months pitching. This will wear your arm out.

Second, these kids are taught to throw it as hard as they can every pitch. No easing up. They are already bigger and stronger which puts more stress on their arms.

Third, spin rate. Every pitch needs to have maximum spin rate which also kills your arm.

Look at some of the old-timer's stats. Bob Gibson, Nolan Ryan, Greg Maddux, Randy Johnson. These guess weren't pulled after 4 innings so the setup man of the setup man of the setup man of the closer can come in. They pitched well into the 7 or 8th innings or threw complete games.

Not the pitch clock.

Cy Young: 749 complete games. Back in the era when the same guy started almost every game.

]

Reactions: Herdfan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.