Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PurdueGuy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
So a friend and I both got popups that our MobileMe passwords were wrong. They haven't changed!

Can't login, can't to much at all. User discussions on Apple Support site show the problem, but I can't even log in there to chime in!

Anyone else?

Narse77

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Just got the same thing, thought somehow I had gotten compromised, glad to hear others are having the issue as well.

mattwolfmatt

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
Yes I got the same thing at 4:40pm EDT today. No Apple Mobileme support number, so I'm waiting to chat with someone "momentarily"

Anyone else? I wonder if this is one of those "2% of users are effected" things. It sucks that I'm in the 2%.

Deanster

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2005
I've been getting the same thing for the last half hour.

I'm assuming they're having a server problem, and just ignoring it for a bit, hoping it self-resolves.

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
Yep, same issue here.

Tried getting in touch with MobileMe Chat Support, but they must be swamped because it's taking forever to get in touch with them (been waiting 25 mins).

Guess I'll just wait it out...

mrtune

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
Add me to the list of affected people. My phone can still receive email, but my macbook throwing popups at me stating my password is incorrect.

Found the reset password site and it barely works. Probably lots of people freaking out and trying to change their passwords as I type this.

iNeko

macrumors regular
May 13, 2007
England
All my tech just went nuts with an error chime and a popup (as everything syncs with MobileMe) first time I've seen this, and it's all over Twitter too - I don't think this is a 2% outage...

I'm guessing it's server side, I was a bit worried at first that my password was hacked! Then the feeling went to wonderment, because sometimes I can't even remember my crazy passwords! :eek:

PurdueGuy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Add me to the list of affected people. My phone can still receive email, but my macbook throwing popups at me stating my password is incorrect.

Found the reset password site and it barely works. Probably lots of people freaking out and trying to change their passwords as I type this.

Don't bother trying to change your password. I did, and it's still broken.

mattwolfmatt

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008

Yeah the funny thing is my phone can still receive email. Otherwise, nothing else works.

dgrizzell

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Nashville, TN
Yep. Same issue here :( . I can still get e-mail through my iPhone but system preferences, iCal, and Mail are all not connecting. I thought I had been hacked too but it looks widespread. I can't wait to see what happened. I'm waiting in line to chat as well - if I get any information I will post it.

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
Yep. Appears to be back up (for me at least).

Wish they would have at least changed the System Status to indicate there was an outage. (sigh)

20100927-t9rm6pc2awsu2u46q4h2e92j7d.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.