Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 24, 2010
A strange thing started happening a few weeks ago with MobileMe and my password.

I can sign in to me.com view mail, idisk, gallery and calendar. Receiving email on my iPhone and through Outlook work perfectly. However, when I select "find my iPhone" and redirected to https://auth.me.com, I receive "incorrect password" every time. The password is correct. I have tried every web browser with the same results.

The same thing happens when I try to view my account from the drop down menu.

But, if I go directly to me.com/find, it works!

I opened a case two-weeks ago with Apple Support. They can't reproduce the issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

wd89

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2010
This happened to me a few months ago. No problems on my iPod touch or Mac but me.com said incorrect password 50% of the time (more so when I wanted to view account details). Entering the same password 3 or 4 times would eventually log me in.

The solution for me was MobileMe support resetting my password at their end. They gave me some password like "cherrySpeaker32" and I had to change it to another one through myinfo.apple.com. Never had a problem since.

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 24, 2010
They gave me a temporary password while they investigate. Same issue results :(

I will suggest they do that when they email me.

Thanks!

SteinMaster

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2009
USA
I had this problem several times now. I can log into MobileMe web and view my email, Gallery, iDisk, etc. When I try to log into Account, it will not accept my password. Apple Support reset my password, it worked once and no I cannot log into my Account. When I log into my account through MobileMe Preferences (on my MBP), it is fine. It is pretty frustrating. Apple Support said they are trying to fox the problem. Also have the same issue with Find My iPhone.

SteinMaster

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2009
USA
Ok. There is some issue within the MobileMe web interface. If I go directly to the Account (through MacOSX preferences) and Find My iPhone login screens, it will accept my password and username. If I try to do this from the MobileMe web site, it does not work. Seems it should be an easy fix for Apple. This has been a problem for me for at least six months.

wyntingley

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2011
near Bristol, UK
MobileMe not accepting password for Find My iPhone

I have exactly the same issue.

I can access email, calendar etc etc but when I try and find my iPhone (my son's on a school trip) it just ignores the password.

As you say, it works on my iPad.

What's going on?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.