Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clearly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2004
Lancashire, England
I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere on the forum, so appologies folks.
Can anyone recommend a decent and reliable piece of money management software for use on an iMac DV400 running OS X Jaguar and, crucially, based in the UK? Quicken for Mac doesn't appear to be available in Britain and I have no idea how functional or reliable the various shareware apps are.
Share syncing is not needed. Just simple account management. Thanks in advance.

Steve

redAPPLE

macrumors 68030
May 7, 2002
2 Much Infinite Loops
i wanted to start a thread with the same topic. on my part, i would love to have .csv support.

my bank does not support money or quicken, so they give me .csv files. i would like to incorporate these files so i won't have to type in all bank transactions.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
redAPPLE said:
i wanted to start a thread with the same topic. on my part, i would love to have .csv support.

my bank does not support money or quicken, so they give me .csv files. i would like to incorporate these files so i won't have to type in all bank transactions.
Fortunately for you, CSV (comma-separated values) is a widely recognized standard that the vast majority of software programs will support. Unfortunately, I do not know of a program that would help either of you.

redAPPLE

macrumors 68030
May 7, 2002
2 Much Infinite Loops
wrldwzrd89 said:
Fortunately for you, CSV (comma-separated values) is a widely recognized standard that the vast majority of software programs will support. Unfortunately, I do not know of a program that would help either of you.

unfortunately, quicken don't do .csv. is there a m$ money version for mac? does anyone know, if m$ money do .csv?

thanks.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
redAPPLE said:
unfortunately, quicken don't do .csv. is there a m$ money version for mac? does anyone know, if m$ money do .csv?

thanks.
I searched Microsoft.com, and concluded "No" and "No" as the answers. Apparently, QIF is the standard for financial information exports, not CSV.

mfacey

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2004
Netherlands
I can't imagine you can't get Quicken for mac in the UK. I quickly ran through amazon.co.uk and they sell loads for windows. It must be possible to get it! Otherwise try a US site that'll ship internationally! Can't you buy it online from Quicken in download form?

Just a few pointers! :D

clearly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2004
Lancashire, England
mfacey said:
I can't imagine you can't get Quicken for mac in the UK. I quickly ran through amazon.co.uk and they sell loads for windows. It must be possible to get it! Otherwise try a US site that'll ship internationally! Can't you buy it online from Quicken in download form?

Just a few pointers! :D

I'm affriad it's true. Quicken and M$ Money are neck-and-neck in market share for the PC in the UK. But neither provides a UK Mac version. It's not possible to run a US version on the Mac because you can't download UK bank data. The UK Intuit site makes no reference to Mac at all. What do other UK Mac users do? Perhaps you don't use your Macs to keep tabs on your money!

redAPPLE

macrumors 68030
May 7, 2002
2 Much Infinite Loops
Liquid Ledger(?)

i have been surfing the web and i found this money management software "Liquid Ledger". nice interface. has anyone used it before?

the quicken interface is something i might not be able to live with in the long run.

aus_dave

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
In Australia MYOB and Quickbooks are the two main players in small business accounting software. I noticed there is a MYOB UK site, maybe check out MYOB Business Basics.

I still run Quickbooks on a PC in the office even though all the work is done on Macs. It's a big PITA to change accounting software but I would like to do it at some stage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.