Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Glene

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
Ft Lauderdale
Just received my ship notice from UPS for delivery on tuesday -
leather_brown_c.jpg

http://www.monoweardesign.com/shop

Last edited:

cliegal

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2010
I received mine today. I ordered a red nylon band for my 38mm SS.

Impression -

The nylon is heavier than expected and very stiff.
The color is great. It's a deep red, not an overly bright red.
The band is made for people with tiny wrists.

My wrist is 170mm and I can use the second hole in the band to attach however it is too stiff to be comfortable and the band barely fits into the loop that keeps it from flopping around.

Overall, it's nice looking but I will have to return it due to the fit. It's too stiff and short to be comfortable.

l8srw5a.jpg

Reactions: Jdgrey52

codeboye

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2011
How's the quality of the fit in the watch itself when it locks in? Can you upload some photos so we can see what it looks like at a angle?

I received mine today. I ordered a red nylon band for my 38mm SS.

Impression -

The nylon is heavier than expected and very stiff.
The color is great. It's a deep red, not an overly bright red.
The band is made for people with tiny wrists.

My wrist is 170mm and I can use the second hole in the band to attach however it is too stiff to be comfortable and the band barely fits into the loop that keeps it from flopping around.

Overall, it's nice looking but I will have to return it due to the fit. It's too stiff and short to be comfortable.

[url=http://i.imgur.com/nGnZMME.jpg]Image[/URL]

cliegal

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2010
It locks tightly. I had a little trouble sliding the mechanism in at first but that part is better than expected. The metal is more of a brushed stainless and isn't as shiny as the watch itself. Very sturdy and solid. I'm not sure what angled view you're looking for.

Honestly, if it wasn't so stiff, I'd really like this band.

iVegas

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2013
You can wash those sort of bands in the washing machine to soften them up. Or a soak in water with some fabric softener would help, too. Air dry with both methods. It will eventually soften up with wear, as well.

I don't know how the connectors would fair in a wash so if you try that you might want to remove them first.

DeepStuff

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
I ordered one of their silver Link bracelet about 3 weeks ago, but have not received any info about shipping yet. I ordered from their website. Where did those that received shipping notices order from and when?

cliegal

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2010
I ordered one of their silver Link bracelet about 3 weeks ago, but have not received any info about shipping yet. I ordered from their website. Where did those that received shipping notices order from and when?

I ordered early from Amazon. It seems they have promised to ship most styles out this week. I hope you get yours. Despite my statement about the stiffness of the nylon, they did a great job on the connector. I've decided to wear it a few days to see if it loosens up a little. Their attention to detail is very apparent. This is a quality item.

DeepStuff

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
I ordered early from Amazon. It seems they have promised to ship most styles out this week. I hope you get yours. Despite my statement about the stiffness of the nylon, they did a great job on the connector. I've decided to wear it a few days to see if it loosens up a little. Their attention to detail is very apparent. This is a quality item.

Thanks, I Hope to hear from them soon, I'm really anxious to see the finished link adapter.

cliegal

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2010
I forgot to include a shot of the band before attaching it to the watch.

jnJyO5A.jpg
[/IMG]

aloecool

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2011

Keep us updated to see if it loosens up a little. I'm still waiting for my SG, but this is the band I'm eyeing for it.

cliegal

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2010
Is the nylon band worth $60, in your opinion? Or am I better off waiting for a red sport band?

It's hard to compare. The nylon band is so different from the Apple Sport band. If you like NATO bands, go for it. They won't be shipping right away since there is a problem with the adapter. I personally had to push hard to get it in but it clicks securely.

If you want a soft, pretty much waterproof band, wait for the sport. I'd say Monowear quality is very high and will be a close second to Apple's on all their bands.

Brendan688

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2015
Just got a shipping notification for the black stainless steel band. Preordered it from Monowear, not Amazon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.