Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rjosef

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2013
No new products until Fall?

I say Apple skips the "5S" and introduces the "iPhone 6" in October with no front Home button and a slightly larger screen with a slightly smaller body. Sweet!

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
Maybe someone at the top, is superstitious and fears releasing an iPhone in 2013

I believe all other reasons / excuses / odd reasoning has been exhausted. Or maybe not. :)

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
Suppliers aren't told when production will start? Yeah, Foxconn just has thousands of workers sitting idle just in case Apple wants production to start...
When you have 1.2 million employees, you can shift tens of thousands of them to different product lines in relatively short order. They don't need a six month notice. That is why there are very few companies in the world that can accomplish what Foxconn can do.

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
When you have 1.2 million employees, you can shift tens of thousands of them to different product lines in relatively short order. They don't need a six month notice. That is why there are very few companies in the world that can accomplish what Foxconn can do.

Not really. Ramping any one facility requires significant lead time, hiring and training.

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
Not really. Ramping any one facility requires significant lead time, hiring and training.
I believe I read somewhere that they can ramp up in about 6 weeks. Before then, they must have assembly test lines to work out the details.

Major OEMs tend to use vague terms such as "holiday launch" or "before the summer". Sometimes everything is ready to go, but the old product is still selling well, so they keep you in limbo for another couple of months. Nobody commits to an exact ramp up date 6 months in advance, when engineering tests are still under way. I can only imagine how much more tight lipped Apple must be.

Dave.UK

macrumors 65816
Sep 24, 2012
Kent, UK
Never thought this was a great implementation on Android. Sure it's nice if you miss your screen from lighting up, but if I get a text and all I see is an LED light blinking I have to wake the screen any way. Again, it's nice and novel for missed notifications, but an LED light only tells so much.

But the flashing LED light tells you that you have a missed call, email, text message etc so you dont have to keep waking the screen up to check!

I would hardly call LED notifications novel!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.