Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stagi

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2006
I just want to see what is inside the new iphone. whatever the phone looks like I am sure will be good, I have always liked apples design. Just waiting for GPS and a few other extras :)

iMACTASTIC

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2007
hope you wrong because if there will be accesoriyes that you have to plug in ... no way it's so anoying to care this staff with you .. main reason why I bought iPhone it's that I dont have to care at the same time iPod and Phone ...

you are a dollar short.

nep61

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2007
Thats a bunch of *****. Apple does not need to catch up with Zune. You are so way off base here. I can not believe you are so dumb and stupid at the same time!!

..... It is common knowledge amongst smart people that Apple is trying to head off the impact of the release of the Radio Shack Transister telephone. I heard this phone will bring back the expanding metal antennae we have all so missed and will use teflon coated dials on the side to help tune into fm radio while you are voice conferencing from your white single ear bud. This phone will be the iphone killer.....

Actually the new iPhone will be one helluva beast... can't wait !!! It's a beauty too !! Oh, be careful not to poke anyone in the eye with that antenna...

Attachments

• CELL.jpg
    CELL.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 801

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
Im really hoping that long opening in the case in the front is for my ichat camera. I really dont see what other sensors they could be adding, besides the one's that already exist.

I agree. There's no reason a light sensor should be that big. If you think about it logically, the light sensor should be placed closest to the earpiece and in the center for lefties or righties.

For the opening to be that wide, it has to accomodate something with a formidable height. Based on the size of the hole of the rear camera, it can likely be a front camera.

One thing that others might have forgotten to mention (but complained about in the current generation iPhone) is a possibility of an LED indicator for missed calls, awaiting messages, etc.

So, the camera can be on one side, and the light indicators are on the other side, and the case will be symmetrical for asthetic purposes.

WAIT. Now that I'm thinking about it....

What if the top area is for full-blown stereo speakers? People were complaining about the lack of volume on the original iPhones, and the single speaker on the bottom? What if Apple changed it around and placed the speaker on the front and the microphone at the bottom alone? That could answer some of the other "leaked" images that lacked a bottom opening...

I'd rather have the two cameras.

spidermitch

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2007
It is common knowledge amongst smart people that Apple is trying to head off the impact of the release of the Radio Shack Transister telephone. I heard this phone will bring back the expanding metal antennae we have all so missed and will use teflon coated dials on the side to help tune into fm radio while you are voice conferencing from your white single ear bud. This phone will be the iphone killer. Apple is scared. I did also see a picture of the battery belt in leopard stripe Griffin is designing for its launch.
Touche! I was too quick to write off the Radio Shack T-Phone as pure rumor! I stand corrected... if the rumor pans out. ;)

BTW, I also saw the picture of the battery belt Griffin is designing, but I noticed there was no hole for the vacuum tubes... Hmmm, wonder what that means??

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Current iPhone cases generally have extra space around the ear-slot too, right? There's an ambient light sensor and a proximity sensor IIRC.

MIPHSZC1.w304xh450.gif

It's just that the new arrangement has sensors arranged all in one line. That doesn't necessarily mean MORE sensors--much as that would be cool. That slot in the case doesn't indicate anything about a camera to me.

iMACTASTIC

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2007
Touche! I was too quick to write off the Radio Shack T-Phone as pure rumor! I stand corrected... if the rumor pans out. ;)

BTW, I also saw the picture of the battery belt Griffin is designing, but I noticed there was no hole for the vacuum tubes... Hmmm, wonder what that means??

Means back to the drawing board for Griffin. Thats why apple send the specs early! DUH.

Just found this out from a buddy of mine that works for the immigration office. Apparently Radio Shack has taken delivery of a mysterious container presumably filled with 10 millions sherpas that will carry the vacuum tubes.

The manifest was disguised as 9volt batteries but further research has revealed that although we might think Radio Shack is planning a fathers day Battery sale it is highly unlikely. Also we have calculated the average weight of a single use 9 volt battery and have found that the total weight of the container far excedes the 4oz weight of a Radio Shack Battery. Taking into consideration that an average sherpas weighs 50lb, we have reason to believe that the container does infact contain sherpas. Radio Shack is planning to be ready for a launch before June 9th.

One More Thing

My insider has just told me Radio Shack plans to make a formal announcement in Cuba sometime in the next couple weeks to celebrate "cell phones for everyone day" in Cuba. I have attached a photo to prove they are already standing in line for this very exciting day.

Attachments

• cubacelnew.jpg
    cubacelnew.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 74

iMACTASTIC

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2007
Radio Shack T-Phone code named continental

This could be the new T-Phone. looks like radio shack is playing hard ball by shipping with a free leather carrying case.

You be the Judge

Attachments

• radioshack phone.jpg
    radioshack phone.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 75

Scottcop

macrumors member
May 14, 2007
Scottcop, u are not obliged to say that it is boring too. :)

You would have to be insane not to agree that this place is being over run by iphone 3g stories, well I say stories?
Thank heavens that 10.5.3 has been released!
(although I'm sure that half of the macrumors staff are picking that to death to see if there are any clues pointing to the iphone 3g!!!)

sabirk

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2008
Can you imagine what would happen if the next iphone somehow doesn't have 3G, or worse, they don't even annouce it at the WWDC. I think the world would self destruct. ;)

born4sky

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2008
Can you imagine what would happen if the next iphone somehow doesn't have 3G, or worse, they don't even annouce it at the WWDC. I think the world would self destruct. ;)

It will be announce on 9th, but ships only after WWDC it will be suck if it wont have a GPS and other toys...

Virgil-TB2

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
[sarcasm]I'm just waiting for the article showing pictures of empty shelf spaces in AT&T and Apple stores showing where the iPhone 3G will be displayed![/sarcasm]
Don't laugh, I have seen such threads before. :)

This is the forum where 300+ people will comment on a thread of pictures of an empty Apple store that is about to open in some backwater town somewhere. So pictures of empty shelves is a definite possibility.

Virgil-TB2

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
Q: What do Big Foot, UFOs and the new 3G iPhone have in common?
hey! UFO's are real buddy! :mad:

I'm amazed at how well Apple is able to control information leaks. Most other companies would have already had knock-offs for sale on street corners by now.
Well they aren't doing so well actually.

In the past, you would know basically nothing about an Apple product until the Steve pulled it out of his pocket. With the 3G iPhone we already know all the major hardware features, half of the new software features, we know what the dimensions are, what the case will look like, what colours it will come in and even details like what kind of phono jack it has. This is unprecedented "leakage" in fact.

Kind of sad, as excited as I am about it, it would have been better to be surprised. :(

bogman12

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2007
you iphone lemmings are sad.. case mold... LOL!

go read up reuters.com or npr.org or something.. something worthwhile.

bogman12

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2007
I did already. I'm a quick reader.

Keep reading.. way more content and much better content than "Should I get Mac Pro?" "What features do you think should be offered in the next iPhone?"
"Will it be called MacBook Air or MacBook Touch?" :apple: :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

HD303

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2006
Observatory Park
I'm working on getting a picture of the resin used on the circuit boards of the new 3G iphones. Once I get a picture, I'll start a new thread!

happydude

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2006
a gasping dying planet
It will be announce on 9th, but ships only after WWDC it will be suck if it wont have a GPS and other toys...

agreed. i want to take my new iphone geocaching and i'd like to take pictures of my geocaches to text to my friends that i'm [video] ichatting with about a document that i currently have saved in disc mode that i can pull up to edit and save with all my free time (that i've calculated on the scientific calculator) i now have from being able to sync with my microsoft exchange account from work and delete/mark-read new messages all at once.

MacFly123

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2006
Current iPhone cases generally have extra space around the ear-slot too, right? There's an ambient light sensor and a proximity sensor IIRC.

MIPHSZC1.w304xh450.gif

It's just that the new arrangement has sensors arranged all in one line. That doesn't necessarily mean MORE sensors--much as that would be cool. That slot in the case doesn't indicate anything about a camera to me.

There was a rumor that specifically informed accessory makers to add space for a NEW sensor on the front by the ear piece. If the new iPhone does NOT have video chat/conferencing it will be only the second 3G phone EVER to NOT have video chatting/conferencing, the first being the new BlackBerry Bold lol (POS). So if it does not, Apple would be IMMENSELY dropping the ball!

Ask anyone on this site that lives outside the US if they have ever seen a 3G phone without video chatting/conferencing in the last 3 years even, they will tell you NO.

EggYolk

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2005
Hmmm....

Well, I found the unedited pictures, opened them in PS, resized and unsharp masked them. I turned on the grid to measure the relative size of the rear camera (bezel size and lens glass size) and the opening in the front of the skin. It appears to me after looking at the relative sizes next to each other in the grid, if they used the same camera as they did in the back of the phone, it would not fit.

Could be no camera; could me a smaller (VGA?) camera for conferencing only (with the higher megapixel camera in the rear); could be the perspective of the photos distorting the true size; or I could be completely wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.