Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heyloo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
NY
So I noticed something interesting today. I just installed the InvisibleShield and have been noticing a decent drop of the sound quality on my MacBook Air. The difference is pretty big - sounds like the difference between Stereo and Mono for example.

I've had Moshi since I got my MBA and only just installed the InvisibleShield recently. I didn't notice a significant drop in sound quality with Moshi but with these two protectors together...I must say I'm surprised hah.

I tried taking out the Moshi keyboard cover and the sound became significantly better. I'm wondering. When I just had the Moshi cover, the sound resonated outwards so there wasn't any noticeable change in the sound quality. However now that the entire MBA is wrapped with InvisibleShield, the sound resonance has no where to escape, so it's centering to the keyboard area, and hence I notice a significant improvement when I take out the cover. This is my theory at least. Anyway, it's interesting. Maybe I'll get used to this or take out the Moshi keyboard cover after all if I can't bear the sound quality.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
It's really not surprising, since the MBA's speakers project sound through the keyboard.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
What were you expecting? Try putting a blanket over stereo speakers and come back with a report on how they sound.

Speakers move air to create sound waves. Sound waves need to travel to your ear. You're distorting the path to your ears.

Seasought

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2005
Maybe I'll get used to this or take out the Moshi keyboard cover after all if I can't bear the sound quality.

I still hate mine. I'll probably end up trashing it in the near future. I want to like it, but thus far, it just isn't happening.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.